sus

The first time I heard it I said, "This is a great new Katy Perry song." Every time I listen to it I hear Katy Perry.

sus

The way she confuses "I don't think about genre" and "I don't work within genre traditions that constantly shape my musical decisions" is really embarrassing though.

sus

She acts very erratically, which sorta makes sense because Tom Power is this really creepy absence there's nothing there he's just a void so how do you behave around that. But there's still this desperation that creeps in on some of her answers, like she is not very regulated. Maybe it's how they edited it. She answers everything so quickly. Maybe that's just them cutting airspace?

wektor

pc music could really be so much more considering it's a bunch of middle class kids with a lot of spare time on their hands and even more resources now.
of course it got very very boring very quickly

• Haha
Reactions: sus

wektor

what can you expect in times when amnesia scanner is releasing 2010s ultra records knockoffs

wektor

ironically when "poptimism" is on the rise, labels like ultra are releasing (insane) shit like this:

shakahislop

at what point did the pitchfork industrial complex come into being and start churning out algorithmically generated indie poptimist sludge?

the decline of US indie rock continuum is something that hasn't been put into sociological context very often i think. it's become such a low stakes genre. it feels like it's moved from being something made by poor white kids to rich white kids.