thirdform

pass the sick bucket
False! People bash on indie constantly here too. Everyone's decided they're over the music they listened to 10 years ago, that it has no redeeming value, can't be talked about, everyone just immediately pretends they never liked indie it was never good

Very silly. Represent your era. There's nothing sadder than spineless twenty- and thirty-somethings who grew up on indie, renouncing it. Defend your home, asshole!

For fucks sake that's not what happens here! the people who were into indie 20 million years ago are still into indie till they die! musical taste stops at the age of 25 here, there's no hipster reclamation cos there doesn't need to be, indie is hipster music.

sus

this is her only good thing I know of

@luka how would you describe the type statistically derived from your crushes?
everyone knows about nyu students suffering from the main character syndrome, but I wonder what was the persona everyone tried to get into in london ten years ago
Great vid, but yes, even better question

Let's hear everyone's types, not physical but personality. Historical attractions. Especially ones that aren't good for you and you've learned the hard way

wektor

i wasnt in london ten years ago... im not sure i understand the question tbh.... can you rephrase it?
you keep on joking about the zoomer alt-girl fantasy and how it gets matched by the faces of todays indie, I am certain there is a continuum to it, so I want to know what could have been the case in the past. you might be aware due to age. who does it for you, luka?

Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Nah, 2009-2012 were the best years for Pitchfork, the columns are absolutely stacked: Lindsay Zoladz, Tom Ewing, Mark Richardson, Nitsuh Abebe. Good writing being put out on the regular.

Maybe, but none of them can match Kodwo Eshun, so its redundant really.

luka

What should I read?
"Equally at home with the oeuvre of Dizzee Rascal and Fernando Pessoa, Heronbone is deeply original. Music magazines cannot prepare you for the sheer surprise of a blog that locates itself between WG Sebald, Wiley from Roll Deep and Iain Sinclair. From word to phrase, clause to lyric, sentence to paragraph, Heronbone is sheer greatness: a vivid justification of the blog at its best and brightest." 🦁 🦁 🦁 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

luka

you should read more brilliant than the sun, except you shouldnt, becasue you will hate it. but it is the only book he wrote.
otherwise he had some essays in the wire including a fun one about drexciya.

sus

you should read more brilliant than the sun, except you shouldnt, becasue you will hate it. but it is the only book he wrote.
otherwise he had some essays in the wire including a fun one about drexciya.
Seems to be out of print. No used copies on Abe, Amazon paperbacks at $325, etc