sus

Mvuent and Linebaugh too. All the Titans of the Midwest really. Some kind of coastal prejudice

forclosure

I mean I don't mind if people call me queerphobic, I'm comfortable in my own beliefs to not be hurt by that, but I don't understand why as a muslim person who was called terrorist before he knew anything about politics, and be told I could be reported to old bill if i got on the wrong side of teachers at school, why I should be forced to consume cute shit? My teenage years were certainly not cute, I have no nostalgia for them, I have no nostalgia whatsoever for high school crushes, I have no nostalgia for the friends, and the innocence of those years, those feelings were snubbed out long before this kind of internet music got popular, there was no eden for me, it was always the fall.

It's like people who moan about the straightness and hetero nature of football, we get it, you don't need it in your life, but at least interrogate why that is. Not calling you out Webbie cos I know you don't go on about it, and I do genuinely think there are good reasons to dislike football, but not the reasons given by most so-called progressives who have never met black and brown arsenal or liverpool fans or whatever.
innocent mate a decent part of my teens was trying to make it through postcode wars shit, those few weird times i got yelled at by people in passing cars cause they thought i was grey gang cause of the hoodie i chose to wear that day

luka

they're good arguments. calling migos todd edwards is brilliant. but it's still migos.

luka

um, possibly not. but there's still time, they might come back. it's like SAS training only a tiny percentage make it through.

shakahislop

obviously this stuff reminds me a lot of breakcore and gabba as others have said. both genres that hit a bit of a dead end, and good to have a digital refresh.

the only thing is with stuff that is designed to confuse your brain with its randomness and intensity, lack of anything to grab hold of, is that there are only a few circumstances where i'd actually want to listen to it. mostly it is a bit annoying to be in a room with this on. though i still love dancing to breakcore and gabba when someone puts it on. and its good for worrying and shocking straighter friends.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Hi i am completely new here, I found out about Dissensus thru reading k-punk — not 100% sure how this works but am just gunna jump in and share some stuff I think it’d be fun to discuss:
Hi! + welcome

So am an old (well, late 30s) cis white dude but I'm queer, which is important here only bc I tend to hang out with a lot of younger - not quite yr age, more like mid-late 20s - queer/trans/etc folx who are often into things like hyperpop and a lot of hard technoish often w/acid and or breakcoreish elements (seems to be big w the kidz these days, here at least), as well as Sophie or whatever (which, nothing to throw shade, + RIP, seems kinda to hyperpop as IDM was to jungle etc, minus the condescension). Kinda in the same realm as what you're posting, but either 1) more pop 2) way harder 3) somehow both simultaneously.

Gotta be honest, I skimmed thru all those OP tracks and I thought they were all fucking terrible - or worse, dead boring, at least terrible is interesting - like hyperpop but a post-dubstep (already arguably the most blasé nominally dance music ever) with all the juice sucked out with. It's desiccated maximalism. I'm sure there's at least one hyperpop thread floating around already (right?) so I don't wanna derail but I would 1000000x rather listen to Ayesha Erotica - or face-melting 200 bpm acid breakbeat whatever - than any of this.

It's definitely all the music of a 1000 open tabs, skimming thru YT, post-everything music - whoever said it it is to the existential weariness of endless 24/7 online life as Gang of 4 etc were to 80s grim Britannia was spot on - but if you're going maximal, go big. You can't have have both ways, be both maximal and refined + tasteful. This is also why the critique that it sounds like coding music resonates, lifestyle music for digital nomads, a 2020s version of elevator music.

But yunno that's just me and I am as stated an old guy who's more adjacent to this stuff than really a part of it (as it should be, nothing sadder than an old guy trying to keep up what the kids are into)