Your Character Flaws

luka

he resents you becasue of the advantages you have enjoyed. i actually empathsise with him here becasue i too feel massive resentment of successful people.

luka

i guess people like me and limburger know we will never be taken seriously, no matter what we do. and that is a bitter pill to swallow.

luka

success is a social circle, its not points based, you cant pass an exam. you have to belong. and no one wants a chubby texan hanging around wearing a russell athletic sweatshirt

sus

I've had it very easy it's true I think it's my blue eyes, liberal arts is dominated by women and I am naturally quite charming, like Chris Evans, everyone says so

sus

I believe it was only a few months ago that we established however that Linebaugh was "cool" and I will never have the "it" factor, your favor changes veyr easily Luka

luka

uh, i dunno, you enjoy worldly success which is i guess not synomous with 'cool on dissensus'. limburger is a bad loser and everyone in the real world hates him and wants him dead. i can relate to that.

• Sad
Reactions: sus

luka

fat jim turned up in my office today and i was writing poems for these two vacous morons and they were telling me how they dive with orcas and bkue whales and have passionate sex with girls half their age

• Haha

luka

what is success? why does life conform to some peoples expectations in this way?

• Haha

luka

i remember reynolds saying to me and barty well when i left oxford i went to melody maker magazine and said, i wish to write for your publication, and they said, sure, when can you start.

luka

i ask for a job in a supermarket and they wont give me an interview. its like living in a whole different universe with a different set of game rules.

luka

i am sort of obsessed with it. who are these people? and when do we get to torture them to death?

Reactions: Leo

sus

i remember reynolds saying to me and barty well when i left oxford i went to melody maker magazine and said, i wish to write for your publication, and they said, sure, when can you start.
I know you're mostly kidding but FWIW this hasn't been remotely my experienced and I was, as you recall, chased out of the New York scene, never had a publication accept a pitch in my entire life, etc

sus

Maybe times have changed IDK but turning out to be a solid programmer + transitioning has been my only real stroke of luck since graduating half a decade ago

sus

I do hear stories like Simon's all the time though I wonder, was it just a different generation, or am I just missing the bus?

And it's not even just folks from good colleges, just in general

sus

Anyway I don't buy this act a bit I think you've lived exactly as you've wanted to live and I don't believe anything's stood in the way of things you really wanted