sus

it's possibly even some of the same people. when i was there airbnb'ing in the roma bit last year, i was coming from greenpoint. it's the same demographic as the people who move to brooklyn. it's two things at the same time; great for the people who get to do it, and shit for the people who have to make space for it.
And great for anyone who owns land or a business

Bad for renter class

forclosure

The other interesting dynamic is the gentrified neighborhood are much more liberal than elsewhere

You see gay couples holding hands and go oh that's nice
they're more liberal sure but it don't exactly make them "safer"

thats how these spaces trick you

version

be very grateful i haven't tried to get you to comment on rap cause i could see that getting ugly very fast lol
photo-on-25-09-2013-at-21-21-3.jpg

shakahislop

And great for anyone who owns land or a business

Bad for renter class
i guess the other thing about seeing this kind of thing in Mexico City for me was - I didn't know what was going on. in a western european or US city I feel a bit more confident that I can make a guess. Oh OK this gentrification is going on in Paris, basically I more or less get it. Oh I'm in Austin, OK I can probably make a good guess about what's going on here. But in Mexico City I did wonder if all of my assumptions would be totally wrong.

Reactions: sus

sus

Drinking and fantasizing about me and Webby grabbing a cold one together one day all the animosity fading away just two human beings enjoying each other's company