linebaugh

I saw Bunkem play a 3 hour set in Serbia once. The sun was coming up, I was coming up on a pill, I was young and bliss it was that dawn to be alive – granted all these conditions, I was convinced it was one of the best sets I'd ever seen. (Ah remember when I saw DJs enough to have sets I thought were the best? I remember.) He DJ'd drum n bass like it was house/techno, as I recall. Long blends, key matches, etc. He "took me on a musical journey".

Of course I might just have been off my tits and 22. Sigh.
Why were you in serbia? Is that popular euro vacation spot?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
EXIT Festival baby

There's quite a few festivals in Eastern Europe nowadays: Outlook is a big one.

Not sure why – weather's good and it's cheap, I'd guess?

It was a lot of fun but there was a lot of unpalatable elements like Serbian skinheads marauding around and it being really tough to get hold of drugs (plus the looming threat of buying drugs off an undercover cop and having to pay them a big bribe to avoid being thrown in a cell, the shit-streaked cell of the Westerner's nightmares)

shakahislop

I realized this was in nyc and I thought about going, d and b is hard to find here, and I realized that the real problem is not that bunkem might not be as good as he once was, it's that he'll be playing in a venue which, quirkily, has a full-size bowling alley right next to the stage, which will presumably be in use while he plays, with waitresses delivering fries and chicken to people bowling

CorpseysEvilTwin

EXIT Festival baby

There's quite a few festivals in Eastern Europe nowadays: Outlook is a big one.

Not sure why – weather's good and it's cheap, I'd guess?

It was a lot of fun but there was a lot of unpalatable elements like Serbian skinheads marauding around and it being really tough to get hold of drugs (plus the looming threat of buying drugs off an undercover cop and having to pay them a big bribe to avoid being thrown in a cell, the shit-streaked cell of the Westerner's nightmares)

Did I not admonish you to persistently be in possession of an empty cigarette packet in such scenarios, dearest brother?

catalog

this is drum and bass
this is drum and bass

this is not jungle
this is not jungle
that goes weah weah weah

and it has complete other beats
and no music and no lyrics to it

danny makes fucking music that is fucking cool

and it touches you here
and it touches you here too

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I have a general rule that says dont assume you still like anything you did 5 years ago

Foolish anglo-american habit. This is why they are incapable of having musical aesthetic compasses, they always have to resort to cheap culturalisms — the soulboys vs the punks.

Whereas Russians understand economy of composition. Europe's saving grace.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
culturalisms are fine, but only as schematics. People who base their identity on them are using music as a vessel for their unresolved daddy/mummy issues.

linebaugh

Foolish anglo-american habit. This is why they are incapable of having musical aesthetic compasses, they always have to resort to cheap culturalisms — the soulboys vs the punks.

Whereas Russians understand economy of composition. Europe's saving grace.
you moron you didnt even grasp my point

luka

i dont even know who they are except that you keep banging on about them constantly. thirdform is 35 now. mental to think about it.
he was still in his twenties when he first turned up here to torment me and drive me to a nervous breakdown

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
of course you do. you never need to hear a single song from them. vague eastern modes with a lot of electric guitar jamming that kind of evaporates with not much of a memory apart from huh, alright.

dilbert1

this is drum and bass
this is drum and bass

this is not jungle
this is not jungle
that goes weah weah weah

and it has complete other beats
and no music and no lyrics to it

danny makes fucking music that is fucking cool

and it touches you here
and it touches you here too

And it is said that with this white-girl-wasted exclamation of approval, the Secret Jungle Council finally declared their mission accomplished