In Liz We Truss

IdleRich

IdleRich
Good. I really hope all these selfish wankers who have repeatedly put themselves and their ambitions ahead of everyone in the country are suffering anguished, sleepless nights.

In other news, Kwarteng struggles to find a seat while flying cos they won't trust him in business or economy.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The thing I said about colliding with reality was a reference to the min-budget. Everyone told them it was the wrong thing to do, all the "experts" predicted what would happen, but as usual the Tories knew best and insisted that they would do what they want. Once again they really seemed to think that if they just believed hard enough and said it enough times they would get the result that they wanted... but strangely enough they didn't.

Seems like Adam Freedland was scouring dissensus for ideas for his articles

This is the biggest humiliation of Britain since Suez, a reminder that no government can ignore reality

In fact he basically just copied out my posts...

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-back-control-brexit-humiliation-britain-suez

IdleRich

IdleRich
Crispin Blunt is the first Tory MP to actually publicly say that she should step down.

Tory MP Crispin Blunt has said the “game is up” for Liz Truss, telling Channel 4’s The Andrew Neil Show that he does not think the prime minister can survive the current crisis.
“I think the game is up and it’s now a question as to how the succession is managed,” he said.
Asked how the party would get rid of her, he said: “If there is such a weight of opinion in the parliamentary party that we have to have a change, then it will be effected. “Exactly how it is done and exactly under what mechanism ... but it will happen.”

IdleRich

IdleRich
So I'm reading that Number 10 is saying she was sacked and made a scene begging for forgiveness... but she has released a statement saying she resigned.

IdleRich

IdleRich
When someone is concussed and the doctor asks them "Who is PM?" it's gonna be a hard one to answer at this rate.

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also

BREAKING: The House of Commons votes by 223 to 0 for a motion condemning the damage done by Liz Truss' mini-budget to the economy, and seeking to compel the government to publish the OBR's forecasts in full.

It's all happening.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Wait up... I'm reading the exact opposite, that Braverman used it as an excuse to resign but really she is protesting against Truss.... and possibly positioning herself for a potential leadership contest should Truss fall.
It's going fucking crazy that's for sure.

version

I've read what you've just described, I've read the above about people thinking she was forced out, I've read that she genuinely breached national security and was sacked and I've read that the disagreement was over immigration.