In Liz We Truss

IdleRich

IdleRich
Britain has literally become a laughing stock, and I mean literally in the literal sense. Literally everyone is literally laughing at us. Literally.

I'm seeing an increasing number of things like this and it's obviously really getting under people's skin cos I see loads of Tories saying The BBC/New York Times/Mumbai Post/North Korean Star/whatever has really sunk to the lowest imaginable level now" after they print another merciless and entirely true attack on the farce that is Brexit or the Tory Party or Johnson or Britain etc Cos they have no response to what is actually being said all they can do is shoot the messenger.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It seems that the first thing Truss did as PM (other than assassinate the queen of course) was to immediately to legalise (or otherwise allow) fracking. That seems weird to me, had she had some sort of recent information that made her think it was good or had she been yearning to do it for ages? Is it just cos it's energy related and she just wanted to do something straight off that sounded like it might be connected to that? Just seems odd to me to go charging in with a particular policy in such a way.

Leo

best part of course is that tax cuts in practice do literally nothing to help the economy. in conservative theory/fantasy, businesses and high-earning taxpayers spend the tax cut money they save to stimulate the economy and create jobs but hahaha of course that almost never happens as they instead just stash it in their coffers and earn additional interest. nothing trickles down.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So we now know that Truss is a former Lib Dem party activist, anti-monarchist, and Remain campaigner. Next I reckon she'll be on some sort of diplomatic trade mission to promote British cheese and a video will emerge of her at the Oxford Uni debating society, denouncing cheese in all its forms and saying anyone eats cheese is definitely a racist nonce.

Leo

so, a boldfaced liar with no core values who will say or do anything at any given time depending on what's in her best interest (aka, the average politician).

william_kent

Watch this with the sound up. Weird as hell.

the simulation must have crashed and the prompt used to generate it was revealed for a few seconds before rebooting

reminds me of the scene in John Carpenter's They Live when the wrestler puts on the sunglasses for the first time, or when they "see the fnords" in the Illuminatus trilogy, a brief glimpse behind the curtain

unfortunately, the mundane, boring and reasonable "narrative" being promoted is that the guest "grief expert" left her microphone on while practicing her lines

martin

----
Sounds like the head of vampire tech explaining that the usual midnight ritual (with a gallon of fresh sea cadets' blood) won't revive her this time.

The death is irreversible, and QE2 is now trapped in her own cadaver. If Meghan's responsible, expect a few tit-for-tat royal deaths in the coming months.

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
best part of course is that tax cuts in practice do literally nothing to help the economy. in conservative theory/fantasy, businesses and high-earning taxpayers spend the tax cut money they save to stimulate the economy and create jobs but hahaha of course that almost never happens as they instead just stash it in their coffers and earn additional interest. nothing trickles down.

version

This "mini-budget" has done a real number on the pound.

Nobody seems to know whether Truss and Kwarteng genuinely believe in their policies or whether they're just trying to smash stuff up as much as possible and make off with what they can prior to what seems an inevitable loss at the next election.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's strange cos a lot of the time In politics you do things that have a gradual effect or which need to be judged over a long period. It's quite rare there is the opportunity to do something obvious that will immediately benefit people. Now is one of those times - and of course they are choosing not to.