Suggest an album to listen to and i'll give it a cursory once over

Leo

MV5BZmRiNmU4OWQtMmYwYy00NDVjLWExMDgtYWZkZGUyYjU4ZDJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
it is, it really is

almost immediately derailed by forcing me to slog through 'heavy mental'

sad!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
[Heavy Mental] track 11
'if you don't know' feat. ODB a solid 8/10

- killah priest strikes me as a bit of a plodder of a rapper, when compared to ghostface/method man/gza etc. not a particularly ear-catching voice
- his lyrics are interesting, though 'i saw bill clinton, ronald reagan and george bush, barefoot, sucking from the titties of a wolf'
- this beat is decent, very wu-tangy with the vibrato 'ooh', although again a bit plodding
- when ODB appears everything is at once more exciting and incoherent

craner

Beast of Burden
[Heavy Mental] track 11
'if you don't know' feat. ODB a solid 8/10

- killah priest strikes me as a bit of a plodder of a rapper, when compared to ghostface/method man/gza etc. not a particularly ear-catching voice
- his lyrics are interesting, though 'i saw bill clinton, ronald reagan and george bush, barefoot, sucking from the titties of a wolf'
- this beat is decent, very wu-tangy with the vibrato 'ooh', although again a bit plodding
- when ODB appears everything is at once more exciting and incoherent

Please stop now I can't take any more.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's the only way I'll learn heavy mental's lessons

track 12
"atoms to adam" feat. shanghai the messenger 8/10 (didn't like the singing but i liked the rest plenty)

- this sounds uncannily like mos def singing, presumably its shanghai the messenger
- i didn't care for that singing much but this beat is really interesting, light and with this snaking bassline
- and the rapping – to disagree with what i just said killah priest actually sounds completely different on different tracks – and here's the more spoken word, chant-like flow again
- again, didn't really appreciate how big an influence KP must be (right?) on roc marciano and ka

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
what is enlightening here for me is that I've forgotten how to listen to and enjoy an album

because an album can be made up of all sorts of songs and ideas that would never cut through to be a single, but i've become quite attuned to picking out the clear stand out 'singles' on an album, and relegating everything to a dusty bin marked 'curios'

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
skipped ahead a bit, and this track is by far the least popular on spotify and it's a reminder (to me) that paranoia over being observed and controlled by the government via technology predated the internet era (hence the matrix duh)