version

us lot-woops what do you think of rimbaud have you read it?
woops-you can't even read it in french
us lot-well yeah, but have you read it? what do you make of it?
woops- i can read french
us lot- yeah but what about rimbaud? what impression did you get of it?
woops- you must be thick you don't know any french

He mentioned he'd been re-reading Naked Lunch, I asked him what he thought and he ignored me. A few weeks later he mentioned he'd finished re-reading Naked Lunch, I asked him what he thought and he ignored me.

luka

He mentioned he'd been re-reading Naked Lunch, I asked him what he thought and he ignored me. A few weeks later he mentioned he'd finished re-reading Naked Lunch, I asked him what he thought and he ignored me.
ive never managed to get him to talk about books either beyond, i liked it. i didn't like it.

woops

is not like other people
i really regret making these posts now. they show that I've been dragged into the online thing of degenerating into insulting the other side. maybe i need a bit of a break from dissensus

Ive just read this and assumed you left yourself logged in on Luke’s computer. But yes ‘pleasing naïveté’ has ruined my day at 6.30am

The most hurtful comments are the revealing half jokes and the botched compliments. sometimes it can be just the tone in someone’s voice or the fact they feel the need to defend or explain themselves. When what they’re saying isn’t distorted by insecurities or charged with anger, it’s what the person really thinks and you can sense pity and their genuine feeling of superiority under there … that’s what really stings. One time padraig said the good point here is actually from shiels. And that ‘actually’ hurt more than 1000000 teenage insults

poetix

we murder to dissect
Who was the most heterosexual mathematician? I'm guessing Galois, who actually managed to get himself killed in a duel over a woman. Then again, duelling is pretty homosexual, so who's to say.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The most hurtful comments are the revealing half jokes and the botched compliments. sometimes it can be just the tone in someone’s voice or the fact they feel the need to defend or explain themselves. When what they’re saying isn’t distorted by insecurities or charged with anger, it’s what the person really thinks and you can sense pity and their genuine feeling of superiority under there … that’s what really stings. One time padraig said the good point here is actually from shiels. And that ‘actually’ hurt more than 1000000 teenage insults
The precise quote was, if I recall correctly, "The good point here is actually from shiels, of all people, can you believe it?!"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Who was the most heterosexual mathematician? I'm guessing Galois, who actually managed to get himself killed in a duel over a woman. Then again, duelling is pretty homosexual, so who's to say.
If we're including men better known as theoretical physicists than as mathematicians per se, then Einstein, Pauli and Feynman were all total horndogs.

And Stephen Hawking's name apparently features on the flight logs of Epstein's jet, so make of that what you will.