is this the worst album ever made?

luka

i would argue that yes it is the worst of all time. smarmy acid jazz from the year 1991.

luka

ive not listened to it before but it came up on my recommended youtibes today and i was intrigued by the moody black and white photo there and clicked on it. had a little skim.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
When I was about 18 I'd have rated 'Unfinished Sympathy' as one of the greatest pieces of music in recorded history

It's very much of a time isn't it, those strings, it's in the same world as that tune off the Matrix soundtrack 'Clubbed to Death'

linebaugh

trip hop in general is a pretty bad genre no? Ive never really gotten into portishead or the massive attack album people vouch for but on paper its an awful mix of ideas

linebaugh

I think lots of great music teeters just on the edge of being the worst thing ever made though. Thats why I think the talking heads are a great band, its exciting like a death defying stunt. think lots of rave and jungle is the same way

DLaurent

Samples some good 70s music, well produced, just not very cool, anymore, uncool like Leftism by Leftfield.

DLaurent

Thing is I like the Hayes, Mayfield, Lowrell and Cobham tunes. There's loads of bad 70s music with flutes and stuff in comparison.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
One could almost have you down as an attention seeker, as someone lacking love.

Or someone who likes to flirt with skunk smoking David Icke fasho conspiracy nuts way too much for his own good.

same difference.

Anyway it's a dull as fuck album but it's nowhere near the worst.

The worst is that mate of Matt Woebot, Simon Posford under the Shpongle alias. Stop being a David Moyes. I'm sure he's a nice lad and all but he makes unequivocally the worst music of all time.

Last edited:

maxi

'lately' and 'be thankful for what you've got' hold up fine. no jazziness involved

'safe from harm' is boring with terrible guitar noodling

unfinished sympathy still has power but I never listen to it

the rap ones with tricky are alright and kind of unique but can hear the cringe elements. if you listen closely they sound better, if you look at the big picture they sound worse. 'daydreaming' is the best of those

hymn of the big wheel is horrendous and always was

luka

i think the primal scream is less grotesque. more clumsy but less liable to make you vomit.
the moment the singing starts you get an instant feeling of disgust
it's way worse than i thought it was going to be. its easily the worst thing ive ever heard. the lyrics too.
🤢 🤢:sick:🤮🤮🤮