luka

luka

yes, as ive said before your tunes are like nothing else precisely becasue they are inert. they dont evoke anything. they dont try to do anything. i think thats interesting and its unique. but its not the normal way music works.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

luka

it gives the listener a strange feeling precisely becasue they elicit no response. they dont engage.

woops

is not like other people
yes, as ive said before your tunes are like nothing else precisely becasue they are inert. they dont evoke anything. they dont try to do anything. i think thats interesting and its unique. but its not the normal way music works.
like a gushing review reworded as a putdown

luka

do you not think, if we're going to have a thread called the cartography of ambient, it's a little perverse to ignore the fact that a great deal of ambient is literally landscape? might that not be an obvious starting point?

luka

and if you want to attack the idea of music as landscape that's obviously great, no problemo, but you can't deny that it exists.

luka

and you can't get away from the association of this or that landscape having interior correlates eg the mountain as sublimity

woops

is not like other people
that's why we get so obsessed with music in the first place cos it gives you something you can't get anywhere else
the only point of any music writing is to explore this and get beyond saying this reverb effect sounds like a cave

this synth sounds like a laser gun pyoo pyoo

luka

im the only person whos made a point in this whole thread im still waiting for your point woops. your pointless.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

once you understand how everything connects then you can become a Great Artist like me.

woops

is not like other people
going out for a walk now might see some trees in which case i wont need ambient music