luka

what a moron. probably the thickest human walking the planet. cant understand the most basic point that even a child grasps intuitively.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
sorry but that vangelis release still sounds very conservative to me so far. in the sense being more like a vaguely "spacey" facsimile orchestra or band than an environment rendering in sound. i mean he was obviously very important as a popularizer of electronic music, i mentioned in that thread that i get why people over, idk, 40 who are into electronic music have so much reverence for his stuff. but yeah, it's very much the idea of him personally as some kind of ahead of his time genius that bothers me.

who cares the cult of the genius is for bourgeois liberal refuseniks like Luka!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
you could argue that indie music is 14 year olds with no ideas, etc etc but its a bit of a daft game isn't it

Actually I was thinking about indie whilst listening to Thomas Koner last night whilst shitting on the bogs.

Namely that the quotidian value set of indie is more amenable to me in ambient and drone. Mostly because one does not have to go towards songcraft. Because songcraft is not actually that mundane.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
and if you want to attack the idea of music as landscape that's obviously great, no problemo, but you can't deny that it exists.

Well, not really. It was that wasteman Eno who popularised it. Ambient could be about interstellar space, or music of the spheres. and often was.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
If you want landscape music, then Chopin adequately fills that I think. Music for Salons. Otherwise go into pure concrete like Parmegiani, Mimaroglu, Dockstater etc.

Sound is not just about abstract representations is it? That's why all of Eno's music is universally terrible.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Karleinz hated Eno!

The other is Robin Rimbaud, Scanner, I’ve heard, with radio noises.
He is very experimental, because he is searching in a realm of sound which is not usually used for music. But I think he should transform more what he finds.
He leaves it too much in a raw state. He has a good sense of atmosphere, but he is too repetitive again. So let him listen to my work Hymnen. There are found objects – a lot like he finds with his scanner, you see. But I think he should learn from the art of transformation, so that what you find sounds completely new, as I sometimes say, like an apple on the moon.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Andrew Liles cuts through a ton of cliches. Bit like C Potter for prolific collaboration. He’s superb at creating senses of uneasy anticipation, ptsd-ambient

You can sit back in the night after wading through chores and tune right in, although I interpret this behaviour now as thoroughly un-Dissensian, fuck you lot it’s my default setting

Ambient could be about interstellar space, or music of the spheres. and often was.

still is (in parts), just on the limit of stupid hauntology without tipping directly over

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Posted a Dockstader first so there tonyadamsstrictly.gif

If we are being serious I’d edit out the middle section of Second Song and leave the intro/outro chunks

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
incidentally this is why your man Ben Watson is wrong @luka

Yes, ambients striving for the timeless should be struggled against, it's quest to be unbounded from material determinants should be purged from our memories. And yet any orthodox dialectical materialist must be interested in the cosmos and alien lifeforms, from a scientific perspective. This is why Watson needs to stop fucking about with Zappa, get serious and listen to Milton Babbit.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
as I have always said, the biggest stumbling block with Zappa is his whimsy mysticism. This is why Japanese rock bands who reduce him to a mathematical logic far excel him.

mvuent

Void Dweller
it was just painful watching you thickos failing to make the obvious points
like, it's not hard is it. 3 pages of failing to state the obvious
im the only person whos made a point in this whole thread im still waiting for your point woops. your pointless.
bro. i literally wrote a 10000 word essay* on the exact topic you've mentioned earlier this year and now you have the impudence to barge into my thread assuming i just forgot all about it?

*strangely the conceptual framework of said essay hasn’t become accepted parlance, in fact a more cynical person might say that despite some generous encouragement none of what i wrote was retained by anybody, but it’ll happen any day now, probably just in time for part 2.