mixed_biscuits

"I've helped a lot of clients who are convinced they're a man trapped in a woman's body, or a woman trapped in a man's body, and ten times out of ten we discover together that they're still clinging to having been female or male in a majority of their previous lives."

Sylvia Browne, published 2000

Makes sense when you have the right metaphysic.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
"I've helped a lot of clients who are convinced they're a man trapped in a woman's body, or a woman trapped in a man's body, and ten times out of ten we discover together that they're still clinging to having been female or male in a majority of their previous lives."

Sylvia Browne, published 2000

Makes sense when you have the right metaphysic.

IMG_2351.gif

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Never heard anyone sincerely saying 'cis' in real life but I reckon I'd find it hard not to burst out laughing if I did.

ladies and gentleman, here we are faced with a typical representation of the truly uncouth bourgeois democrat. someone with the hubris to assume that not only are his opinions worth having, not only that they matter and are consequential, but even more ignominiously, are actually worth sharing as the profound insight of the product of genius.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
everyone takes you seriously because of your shrill ranting but noone actually likes you or enjoys your company.

Rather you than me, mate.

Come back to me when your pay as u go credit runs out. Then you will understand how dismissing the jokers was part of your downfall.

mixed_biscuits

But I do consider this an advance because you're proposing an objective criterion: if a man came to malelesbian MD saying he was a 'man with gynecomastia' you would say, 'No, gynecomastia means you're non-binary and you've no say in my diagnosis of your sex/gender because science'

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Biological sex is determined by the sex cells produced. There is no non-binary sex cell.
So non-binary sex cells determine non-binary biological sexed qualities. You still can't say all cismen have entirely male bodies. All biological types are varieties, they involve members that differ from individual to individual. So sex is not an essence, but rather a plurality of different qualities that vary from one individual to the next, and an individual can have sexed qualities from a sex different from their own, e.g. a cisman can have female sexed qualities.
But I do consider this an advance because you're proposing an objective criterion: if a man came to malelesbian MD saying he was a 'man with gynecomastia' you would say, 'No, gynecomastia means you're non-binary and you've no say in my diagnosis of your sex/gender because science'
False. I would still say the gynecomastic patient was a man, because he identifies as a man. The only objective criterion I propose is that if a person identifies as a member of a particular gender, I will accept them as a member of this gender. As far as I can tell, only transphobes disagree with my criterion. In my pro-queer view, only the individual person identifying as, in this case, a man, has any say in my identifying him as a man. Science lacks any authority in a person's gender identifications. Science does have the authority to assign a sex to a person, but as we've seen, a person's sexed qualities can differ from their assigned sex.

Furthermore, science invented gender reassignment surgery, which shows that even the sex assigned to a person at birth can change, and is far from immutable, as a certain rageaholic claimed earlier in a manner quite contrary to his avowed anti-essentialism.

Meanwhile, I'll continue affirming anti-essentialism about biological sex.