mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

Do you remember any of this? These people seemed really confident that these procedures were safe, so I would expect them to be expressing some sort of confusion or wanting clarification or even sticking up for their position which must have been right considering how sure they were @padraig (u.s.) .

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Do you remember any of this? These people seemed really confident that these procedures were safe, so I would expect them to be expressing some sort of confusion or wanting clarification or even sticking up for their position which must have been right considering how sure they were @padraig (u.s.) .
Padraig no longer posts here, in large part because of you.

So chalk that up as a win and have a celebratory wank if you like.

maxi

It's a bit like when a human rights report comes out on Israeli war crimes, and you think "well that's that argument won then", but no there's always a continued denial and new way of spinning it.

trans activists and israel apologists are quite similar really. Staggering ability to deny reality, constant false accusations of bigotry, smear campaigns against anyone who gets in their way, willing to sacrifice children's lives for the cause... they both even latch on to the good will afforded gay rights movements to obfuscate their goals (destruction of other people's rights).

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
You haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Her "arguments" are entirely flawed. Her main conclusion that "we have no good evidence" (and everything that follows from that) was because she ignored on spurious grounds the mass of evidence (over 100 studies worldwide) that didn't fit her agenda.

Biscuits likes peer reviewed stuff. Here's a peer reviewed critique of her methodology before her report even came out...

Meanwhile, the proposals she's making are based on no evidence whatsoever and are very much out of step with other countries.

But go on with your hyperbole about "trans activists" as though you have something meaningful to contribute.

droid

Anything that comes out of the official channels of TERF island's media, commentary or politics on this issue can be dismissed out of hand. Toxic, depraved, worthless propaganda.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
trans activists and israel apologists are quite similar really.
Fucking hell. Even biscuits hasn't sunk to comparing 'trans activists' to Hamas, which would be his version of this idiocy. (Although he's probably thinking 'damn, wish I'd thought of that'.)

maxi

It's a good analogy there are loads of parallels with Israel supporters.

The people deepest in it are unable to extricate themselves because the truth would be too traumatic to face at this point.

That's why the reaction is desperate, defensive and extremely aggressive.

I sympathise but it's important to tell them they're wrong for obvious reasons.