malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I can only go by my personal experiences where I had literally _exponentially_ more women interested in me when I presented and acted more masculine (stoic, "tough", facial hair, manner of dress, whatever). I'm going to trust my experiences over being told something else.
Right, but it doesn't matter what women are MORE interested in, as long as women are also interested in femininity. Also have any of those women you just mentioned also asked men to act more feminine? Because again it's not clear to me that the women asking men to act more feminine are the same as the women rejecting men for acting feminine. Women are non-monolithic.

What matters is that men can avoid a lot of bad qualities through feminine actions. Many men will have better relationships with women if they act more feminine. Maybe some women would choose a bad relationship with a masculine man over a good relationship with a feminine man. But why should any feminine man care about such obviously toxic, self-destructive women?

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Are they asking, en masse, for feminine men in the first place?

Yes. They are asking for men to act more feminine. As I have repeatedly said, many women ask for men to do many feminine activities, such as practicing sensitivity, emotional availability, sensuality, and support. Women have asked men to perform these feminine behaviors for LITERALLY DECADES and we still have men bickering about this.

version

Yes. They are asking for men to act more feminine. As I have repeatedly said, many women ask for men to do many feminine activities, such as practicing sensitivity, emotional availability, sensuality, and support. Women have asked men to perform these feminine behaviors for LITERALLY DECADES and we still have men bickering about this.

That's all very one way though, isn't it? It's when it cuts the other way that there seem to be issues. There are countless men out there with stories of finally opening up then having whatever it was thrown back at them during an argument a few weeks later or learning their partner discussed it with her friends. That, or things becoming awkward and it negatively impacting the relationship.

It's easy to say "Oh, I wish men would open up more,". It's not so easy to deal with an actual bloke finally cracking and sobbing on the sofa next to you.

Like I say, I don't think this is exclusive to women. That's just the focus of this discussion. I'd say this of people in general too. There are plenty of people who will talk as though they're your friend until they actually have to do something beyond making vague gestures and saying the 'right' things.

0bleak

Maybe we're talking over or past each other or I'm simply too dense.
My question is based on you saying:
"So men need to reengage with their femininity since they are already masculine. We need to regain touch with feminine qualities the patriarchy tells us to destroy before we can achieve balance."
Since, in my overwhelming experience, being feminine/doing something feminine/etc. significantly limits the number of women that are attracted to men, why would men be interested in "regaining touch with feminine qualities"?

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
That's all very one way though, isn't it? It's when it cuts the other way that there seem to be issues. There are countless men out there with stories of finally opening up then having whatever it was thrown back at them during an argument a few weeks later or learning their partner discussed it with her friends. That, or things becoming awkward and it negatively impacting the relationship.

It's easy to say "Oh, I wish men would open up more,". It's not so easy to deal with an actual bloke finally cracking and sobbing on the sofa next to you.

Right but all that is stuff to settle in an individual relationship. We shouldn't let the fact that opening up didn't work for a lot of other men lead us to the downright awful conclusion that we should never open up to any woman. Don't let a woman's toxic behavior influence you to act toxic too, by not expressing your emotions. It's best for the relationship when both partner's are emotionally available.

version

Right but all that is stuff to settle in an individual relationship. We shouldn't let the fact that opening up didn't work for a lot of other men lead us to the downright awful conclusion that we should never open up to any woman. Don't let a woman's toxic behavior influence you to act toxic too, by not expressing your emotions. It's best for the relationship when both partner's are emotionally available.

I think a lot of men learn from experience that it's not worth the risk. You can live without opening up too much anyway. It's not essential.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I think a lot of men learn from experience that it's not worth the risk. You can live without opening up too much.

sounds like he's feeding the responses into chat gpt lol.

It's understandable why some men might feel hesitant to open up and express their feminine side. Society often imposes rigid expectations on men, emphasizing stoicism and emotional detachment. However, it's important to recognize that vulnerability and emotional expression are not signs of weakness, but rather of strength and authenticity.
When men feel comfortable enough to share their feelings and explore aspects of themselves traditionally associated with femininity, it fosters deeper connections and understanding in relationships. It allows for more genuine interactions and promotes emotional well-being.
While there may be risks involved in opening up, the rewards of authenticity and connection far outweigh the potential discomfort. It takes courage to break free from societal norms and embrace one's true self, but the freedom and fulfillment gained from doing so are invaluable. So, to those who hesitate, I encourage you to take the leap and embrace all facets of who you are, knowing that it's a journey worth taking for your own growth and happiness.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Since, in my overwhelming experience, being feminine/doing something feminine/etc. significantly limits the number of women that are attracted to men, why would men be interested in "regaining touch with feminine qualities"?

Because women are non-monolithic. I've never had a woman reject me for acting too feminine. Men should act feminine because they want to act feminine or if they want to mitigate their toxic masculinity. Toxic masculinity can limit the number of woman attracted to man just as much as femininity can. Men who don't want to act feminine don't have to.
But it's totally wrong to tell a feminine man to act more masculine to get women. That's just telling him to act fake and build relationships off of lies. Maybe more women will be attracted to him, but I predict his relationships will be much worse.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I think a lot of men learn from experience that it's not worth the risk. You can live without opening up too much anyway. I don't think it's essential.
Who cares if it's essential or not? Men who think it's not worth the risk can content themselves with their toxic masculinity and divorces, while male lesbians remain happily married. I don't care about men who don't want to act feminine.
Doesn't that blow a hole in your argument?
No. Some women like feminine men some don't. What matters to me is making the world better for feminine men and the women who too often find themselves victimized and oppressed by toxic masculinity.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Like I said, Chat GPT generates no good scholarship. Wish you all would learn that!

Yeah, that's what I'm saying?

I understand your perspective, but I respectfully disagree. While ChatGPT may not be a replacement for scholarly research or expert analysis, it can still be a valuable tool for generating ideas, sparking curiosity, and providing general information. It's important to recognize its limitations and use it appropriately within its scope. Ultimately, learning to discern and utilize various sources, including ChatGPT, can contribute to a well-rounded understanding of a topic.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Why would I trust Chat-GPT's opinion on its own scholarly value?

it's essential to recognize that chat GPT's assessments are not subjective evaluations but rather descriptions of its capabilities and limitations based on the information its been trained on. Ultimately, the trustworthiness of chat GPT's responses depends on the accuracy and reliability of the data its been trained on and the context in which its used. It's always a good practice to critically evaluate any information, including that generated by AI, and corroborate it with other reputable sources when making important decisions or drawing conclusions.

Scholars by nature are also cognisant of limited datasets, hence why their arguments are reviewed for many centuries after their death.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
it's essential to recognize that chat GPT's assessments are not subjective evaluations but rather descriptions of its capabilities and limitations based on the information its been trained on. Ultimately, the trustworthiness of chat GPT's responses depends on the accuracy and reliability of the data its been trained on and the context in which its used. It's always a good practice to critically evaluate any information, including that generated by AI, and corroborate it with other reputable sources when making important decisions or drawing conclusions.

Scholars by nature are also cognisant of limited datasets, hence why their arguments are reviewed for many centuries after their death.
Chat-GPT obviously wrote this. Don't outsource your thoughts please