sus

Personal details rarely seem to interest me, which I think is part of why I've been having trouble writing fiction for the last several years.
I can empathize because I am a recovering generalist as @mvuent can attest. But life always exists in the details.

It is like distillation people think when you compress or distill something what you want is what's left behind. And the water you've evaporated is useless.

But if you distill salt water, say, you are precisely removing the living thing and leaving an inert rock. The receiving vessel of the alembic contains life. And the originary vessel is dead. That's what distilling everyday life to generalities does

sus

Normally they do a minimum of 1-month bookings, but I can ask.
Yes ask say I am a very distinguished scholar. An originating post rationalist and a publisher of Sarah Perry and Gwern. An author of several books, including an auto theory of the incel and a philosophical investigation of AI alignment as an ecological principle.

sus

The editor at the Cleveland Review of Books called me a genius and it wasn't just because he was hammered. He wanted to shake my hand. He wanted to fly me to the Cleveland zoo to write about it

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I'll also tell them you have a "massive old timey anthropological/medical diagram of pressure points and zones of intensities on the back of a Haitian field worker" I think that will go over very well.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
You are doing exactly what I didn't want, which is brag and drop some proper nouns. While providing absolutely nothing that I could ever write about
Oh well here is something you may like. At these meetups, which regularly consist of people who haven't met each other in person and may not know what everyone looks like, rubber ducks are brought and placed on the tables where we are sitting, as a sort of code saying, "Yes, this table is for This Part of Twitter."

• Love
Reactions: sus

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
What did Weinstein talk about?
I only overheard some of their conversations when he was here the previous day, when I didn't recognize who he was. Thought he was someone's intelligent dad or something. Anyway they talked a bit about AI alignment and safety and about utopianism and existential risk.