Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
So far I've been told my film taste is "cripplingly depressing" but the attendance went up from 3 at the first screening (The Devil, Probably), to 4 at the second (A Scanner Darkly), and so far there are four of us planning to see The Boy and the Heron tomorrow (myself included in the preceding figures).
Actually my mistake, there were four at each of the two first screenings - alas the trend is neither bullish nor bearish, but crabbish.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
do you think they would be interested in joining dissensus? imagine how the technology subforum would thrive

version

I've only read interviews with him. The Tiqqun lot seemed to have a real vendetta against him in the couple of books I read of theirs.

version

What that he wasn't fictitiously radical enough for them?

Something like that. They seemed to be calling him soft. Someone who just props up the status quo.

"There is no need to refute Negrism. The facts do all the work."

Negrism indeed expresses an antagonism, but one within the management class, between its progressive and conservative parts. Hence its curious relationship to social warfare, to practical subversion, its systematic recourse to simply making demands. From the Negrist point of view, social warfare is but a means to pressure the opposing side of power. As such, it is unacceptable, even if it may be useful. Hence political Negrism’s incestuous relationship with imperial pacification: it wants its reality but not its realism. It wants Biopolitics without police, communication without Spectacle, peace without having to wage war to get it.

Strictly speaking, Negrism does not coincide with imperial thought; it is simply the idealist face of imperial thought. Its purpose is to raise the smokescreen behind which everyday imperial life can safely proceed until, invariably, the facts contradict it. For this reason, it is again in its very realization that Negrism offers its best refutation.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Stan I will pay you if you send me audio recordings of group conversations
Here are some anonymous excerpts:

“I was going to live with my dance teacher in a jungle in Mexico for six months”

“He had six pugs, all named Castro, and his name was Fidel.”

“I’m going back to Cambodia in February to shoot a James Bond ghost comedy about neoliberalism”

“I’d rather make my New Years Resolution on March 13th”

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Here are some anonymous excerpts:

“I was going to live with my dance teacher in a jungle in Mexico for six months”

“He had six pugs, all named Castro, and his name was Fidel.”

“I’m going back to Cambodia in February to shoot a James Bond ghost comedy about neoliberalism”

“I’d rather make my New Years Resolution on March 13th”
I love it when you overhear things that make you think "If I heard this as dialogue in a sitcom or a satirical movie, I'd think 'Come on, nobody actually talks like that."

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I love it when you overhear things that make you think "If I heard this as dialogue in a sitcom or a satirical movie, I'd think 'Come on, nobody actually talks like that."
Yeah the cambodia one seems like something Eric Andre would say in his Ranch It Up skits.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I've just learned that the particular hue of pink lighting in one of the rooms in our house is known as "bisexual lighting"