Anyone ever heard of nonverbal learning disorder (NVLD)? It's worse than it sounds...

william_kent

her ears are a bit weird, I can't "cavort"

she's like Mila Kunis, once you notice how weird her ears are... deflation! it's hard to gain enthusiasm

• Haha
Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
her ears are a bit weird, I can't "cavort"

she's like Mila Kunis, once you notice how weird her ears are... deflation! it's hard to gain enthusiasm
Thanks to you I now have "mila kunis ears" in my search history. :-/

And what a disappointment! They're totally normal! You massive tease.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
but maybe she's had some "work" done since I last bothered looking

edit: from the horse's mouth: "I grew into my face. I had a very funny looking face when I was little. I had like big eyes, big lips, big ears."
Or maybe I'm just more accepting of the variety of forms that a woman's ears can take and still be beautiful, you BODY FASCIST.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
this is a poem i wrote

When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven’s gate;
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.
I was about to like this, until I googled it.

william_kent

Or maybe I'm just more accepting of the variety of forms that a woman's ears can take and still be beautiful, you BODY FASCIST.

you called me out, yeah, I own my prejudice against weird ears, maybe I need to work on it, and grow to be a better person, etc

I apologise and hope you will support me on my personal journey blah blah

0bleak

ah, ok
I saw something where they were doing something similar in an experiment to try to treat autism or at least comorbidities like drug resistant depression, but the results are inconclusive.

I have been considering ketamine infusion therapy as sort of a last ditch effort to treat the major depression and the daily obsessive suicidal ideation that I've had for decades.
It's expensive, however, and insurance doesn't cover any of it, but I'm seriously considering it.

mixed_biscuits

I have been considering ketamine infusion therapy as sort of a last ditch effort to treat the major depression and the daily obsessive suicidal ideation that I've had for decades.
It's expensive, however, and insurance doesn't cover any of it, but I'm seriously considering it.
Have you done a full literature review of the condition?

There may be a little known but effective treatments; I think often the failure to treat uncommon conditions effectively is due to poor awareness and propagation of effective approaches.