Anyone ever heard of nonverbal learning disorder (NVLD)? It's worse than it sounds...

0bleak

Have you done a full literature review of the condition?

I've watched about 7 hours of videos on it so far with various doctors talking about benefits/risks, how it works in the brain, the initial experiments that led to it as a practice, etc.

I was surprised when I learned that it's available where I live as I moved to a more conservative part of the country a couple of years ago (the thinking was that being around more family would be good for me, but I've been gone so long from this side of the family and we have nothing in common - not sure how good it has been for me.)

edit: oh, sorry - I think I misread - I thought you were talking about the ketamine treatment, but I guess you were talking about NVLD in general?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
i can forgive this degree of ignorance from Stan. he's an American moron raised on Dukes of Hazard and Brewster's Millions. he doesn't know any better. the rest of you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.
I'll have you know I've sincerely used the word 'knave' on multiple occasions.

william_kent

I'll have you know I've sincerely used the word 'knave' on multiple occasions.

come on, so have I, it's playing card, am I right?

edit: sorry, after 48 hours of drinking budget supermarket rum, my "witty comments" will just come across as belligerent, angry, and trite; but at least I possess enough self awareness to recognise that I am just being a dick - still, that guy in the photo @version posted , you need to dismember him and feed him to the unhoused

mixed_biscuits

I was surprised when I learned that it's available where I live as I moved to a more conservative part of the country a couple of years ago (the thinking was that being around more family would be good for me, but I've been gone so long from this side of the family and we have nothing in common - not sure how good it has been for me.)
I meant the review of everything on NVLD...and also every comment online about.

0bleak

I meant the review of everything on NVLD...and also every comment online about.

aye, I just realized that. Yeah, I've done a lot of research about it.
Unfortunately, as far as treatment, there is basically nothing except for early interventions aimed at children where people hope if they catch it early enough, they might be able to help some things.
Another way that it's like autism is that you can really only to try to treat the comorbidities.

william_kent

I've already decided now is the wrong time to smoke the DMT

but I can sleep easy knowing that my DMT sprit Guide isn't trapped in your MURDER ROOM

mixed_biscuits

Unfortunately, as far as treatment, there is basically nothing except for early interventions aimed at children where people hope if they catch it early enough, they might be able to help some things.
Another way that it's like autism is that you can really only to try to treat the comorbidities.
I've heard of autism cures: one involving some sort of rigorous brain training (I think); the other involving Gc-MAF supplementation...the people providing the supplementation have got into trouble but have not been accused of selling something ineffective or dangerous, merely of not having the correct licence in some jurisdictions.

mixed_biscuits

Alternatively, since Gilchrist says people with an entirely severed corpus callosum can ultimately function normally enough, what would happen if that was done to yours?...would it free the right hemisphere from the left hemisphere's dominion?

0bleak

I don't know, but I don't think I would want to be the first to try it since I haven't seen anything about it being cure for NVLD or things close to it like autism (which I also cross into even if I haven't been officially diagnosed - some say they have both and have been diagnosed as such).