What should version watch next - Tenet ot Oppenheimer?

Tenet or Oppenheimer

• Tenet

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Oppenheimer

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

mixed_biscuits

I get frustrated talking about Oppenheimer at this point because every time I do I feel like people are projecting onto it very hard. Everyone who dislikes it dislikes it for very different, sometimes even opposite, reasons and their evidence seems to always be so based in their affective response that they often ignore evidence concretely to the contrary of their take. I've heard people say they hated for being too in Oppenheimer's head, which is certainly the worst take I've heard but I think that and the idea that we don't get enough of his interiority are both off the mark. I think it's a masterpiece, but I am generally quiet about this because I have yet to be able to fully articulate why I think so, and this is why I'm more interested in the observations of its nuances by people who loved it, like kc's. What I will say is I'm of a similar mind to him in that I think the film is above all about the tension between cowardice and pride in men who want to be like gods.
The affective response is the bottom line, and because people are different something can be too much for one person and too little for someone else. It's a masterpiece for you because you think it's a masterpiece but it may not be for other people.

mixed_biscuits

This a hallmark of the authoritarian personality.

p.s. speaking of which, @sus hurry up and post the rest of your Attack of the Clones thing to change everyone's minds about it i.e. change them into people who are of the right minds.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I liked Oppenheimer, thought Tenet was shit

But version should watch Tenet for Sir Kenneth Branagh's frankly blood chilling Russian oligarch.

version

But version should watch Tenet for Sir Kenneth Branagh's frankly blood chilling Russian oligarch.

He plays someone like that in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit too.

jack-ryan-shadow-recruit-poster-kenneth-branagh.jpg

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i don't think i've ever finished a nolan movie, too boring. they are so dry and serious that they become hilarious. batman being the best example for that but also the bit where einstein is walking in that little garden in the oppenheimer film. just couldn't stop laughing.

Ian Scuffling

The affective response is the bottom line, and because people are different something can be too much for one person and too little for someone else. It's a masterpiece for you because you think it's a masterpiece but it may not be for other people.
There's a difference between an affective response and a misreading of the text, which is why I referred to it as projection. Not my fault you people don't know how to watch a movie!

giphy.gif

Ian Scuffling

When people try to argue others round to a different appreciation of a film, they're not concerned so much with changing the film's appreciation as changing the person whose mis-appreciating it.

This a hallmark of the authoritarian personality.

p.s. speaking of which, @sus hurry up and post the rest of your Attack of the Clones thing to change everyone's minds about it i.e. change them into people who are of the right minds.
Also I already have the correct take on Attack which is that it's the second best film of the series