version

I love that Terry Riley album so much I bought both the seven inch and the LP featuring the original tune

Harvey Averne Dozen - You're No Good

( it's the best tune off the album, but the LP was considerably cheaper than the 7 inch single )

It's impossible for me to hear this as it is now. I'm subconsciously adding the Riley processing as I listen. It's like trying to watch the hermit scene in Bride of Frankenstein when you've already seen Gene Hackman taking the piss in Young Frankenstein.

version

I love the sense of accumulation, as each chapter introduces new material but cuts in phrases from all the chapters (and books) before it.

Yeah, I got that sense reading the nova police section earlier where he recycles the stuff about nova techniques and coordinate points from Nova Express. It's funny the way it makes you second guess yourself. I knew I'd read it in the previous book and that I haven't read Ticket before, but I still had this uneasy feeling about the whole thing.

Benny Bunter

Yeah, I got that sense reading the nova police section earlier where he recycles the stuff about nova techniques and coordinate points from Nova Express. It's funny the way it makes you second guess yourself. I knew I'd read it in the previous book and that I haven't read Ticket before, but I still had this uneasy sense about the whole thing.
Yeah, he adds that Q&A section to the recycled nova police section. For all the three books' similarities, you can see a definite increase in straightforward explication of his methods through soft machine→nova express→ticket. It builds up as it goes along.

"The adding machine."

0bleak

fuck, I'm no better than one of those "BREAKS" guys who ends up paying a thousand quid because Dilla sampled a Sesame Street album

That reminds me of something else I've had in mind recently - combining Sesame's Treet with samples from Charlie Manson - phrases he says like "ride your bicycle" or "birthday parties" and some of those little laughs he does

but first, your van der graaf generator/specials thing :)

william_kent

That reminds me of something else I've had in mind recently - combining Sesame's Treet with samples from Charlie Manson - phrases he says like "ride your bicycle" or "birthday parties" and some of those little laughs he does

heh, I only mentioned Sesame Street because I am still hunting down the "SONGS OF METRIC MAN" LP which features this song:

TEN IS THE NUMBER

as sampled on

GHOSTFACE KILLAH FT RAEKWON - KILO

and someone else judging by the first track off this Tokyo coffee shop dj set

? track ID? first track?
edit: oh if I actually clicked on "more" on my computer, a feature which is not available on my big inch SONY BRAVA SMART TV, it appears it might be "TALIB KWELI & 9TH WONDER"? but what tune? not that I care, the GHOSTFACE version is the best...

luka

"The basic nova technique is very simple: Always create as many insoluble conflicts as possible and always aggravate existing conflicts - "

Clearly the culture war is a tool of the nova mob.
been saying this for years he predicted the social media twuuter strategy

luka

yeah, you're right - I'm extremely drunk and have to admit I only skim read the introduction to the "restored" edition because I instinctively hate that guy because he hasn't referred to my poorly received "Sex Magick in the poetry and prose of Burroughs, Crowley, and Yeats" dissertation ( I had to put Yeats in there at the insistence of my supervisor, but the Golden Dawn connection persuaded me )
cant believe u let yourself get bullied

luka

or that u went to uni for that matter. so disapoointed. mind u i just got paid to work a property developer party and received a lot of firm handshakes from people whose wives own horses

0bleak

heh, I only mentioned Sesame Street because I am still hunting down the "SONGS OF METRIC MAN" LP which features this song:

TEN IS THE NUMBER

as sampled on

GHOSTFACE KILLAH FT RAEKWON - KILO

and someone else judging by the first track off this Tokyo coffee shop dj set

? track ID? first track?
edit: oh if I actually clicked on "more" on my computer, a feature which is not available on my big inch SONY BRAVA SMART TV, it appears it might be "TALIB KWELI & 9TH WONDER"? but what tune? not that I care, the GHOSTFACE version is the best...

TALIB KWELI & 9TH WONDER - Every Ghetto