GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

continuum

smugpolice
Making of Pulse X bassline
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mos dan

fact music
wow. so that was how it was done!

has anyone ever played about on music 2000 on the playstation? i always wondered how easy it was to make a so solid crew beat with no prior musical knowledge. would be an interesting experiment.

mos dan

fact music
is it just me who thinks og's could actually be pretty sick, if they just found someone who could write a hook? they've got the beats and bars in place, largely thanks to young dot, but five young men atonally mumbling 'everyone know we're ogs' just ain't cutting it for me as a chorus. the same goes for several of their tunes.

Client Eastwood

wow. so that was how it was done!

has anyone ever played about on music 2000 on the playstation? i always wondered how easy it was to make a so solid crew beat with no prior musical knowledge. would be an interesting experiment.

Yeh I had a play with Music 3000. Not very intuitive to use at all. So full credit to the grime guys who manage to get so much out of it. I gave up in the end. But im a very much a novice. The Rebirth Roland emulator above is available for free download I think and that's great to play around with.

HELLO

DISCARDA'S OUT!

m_33070e59a0b3944a3102e37dcdb5dcb7.jpg

NOT IN THAT WAY IN THE OTHER WAY!

http://www.myspace.com/discarda

new tunes on there and a 20 minute set

bun-u

Trumpet Police
...got to say Maniac's Devil EP is a minor masterpiece. Three of the four tracks are amazing 'classical' (perhaps the best known as its been in lots of sets) sounds like mournful game music, 'general' is philip glass rolling in bow and best of all 'devil' is just amazing I can't stop listening to it, pent up with emotional aggression ('£10 an hour' the other track is not bad either - sound like an eskimo refix)

viktorvaughn

Anyone make RWD in stereo at Cargo last night?

At one point on the stage were Wiley, Jammer, Chipmunk, Ghetto, Skepta, Frisco, Lightening and a couple of others.... Could (should) have been incredible.

Instead you get a few 30 second reload bars and Wiley doesn't even touch mic. It was very hype when it lasted but 10 minutes isn't good enough. Ghetto did a proper performance beforehand sounding pretty great though.

mos dan

fact music
Anyone make RWD in stereo at Cargo last night?

At one point on the stage were Wiley, Jammer, Chipmunk, Ghetto, Skepta, Frisco, Lightening and a couple of others.... Could (should) have been incredible.

i was this close to going, but i'm still living in south (not for long) and couldn't face the nightbuses.. sounds like i made the right decision. there's a new phase of grime performances these days it seems, where you get 20 man on stage all clamouring for the two mics, and therefore not enough mic-time for the 'big' mcs. i think the answer to this would be just more grime on the decks, for longer, and mcs only being allowed on with the dj they've been allotted (maxi + bbk, vectra + og's, logan + the movement... for example), as with sidewinders in day. nightmare to organise i expect though!

how were the non-grimey bits? ny and so on?

gabriel

The Heatwave
wiley did eventually come on but at five to one - he did two or three tunes including no qualms and bow e3 but then the engineer turned all the mics and music off, i guess at 1am on the dot...

apparently there was a bit of a disturbance after the grime all stars thing (which was pretty hype but ultimately not particularly good or interesting) and so the place emptied out a bit, and joe driscoll inexplicably came on after smasher and before wiley - he seemed good but that and the post-allstars emptying out thing kind of killed off the vibe by the time wiley was appeared, plus it was basically all over anyway...

ny was amazing but wasn't so keen on the acoustic guitar accompaniment. alex mills was great too, and ghetto as well.

viktorvaughn

wiley did eventually come on but at five to one - he did two or three tunes including no qualms and bow e3 but then the engineer turned all the mics and music off, i guess at 1am on the dot...

apparently there was a bit of a disturbance after the grime all stars thing (which was pretty hype but ultimately not particularly good or interesting) and so the place emptied out a bit, and joe driscoll inexplicably came on after smasher and before wiley - he seemed good but that and the post-allstars emptying out thing kind of killed off the vibe by the time wiley was appeared, plus it was basically all over anyway...

ny was amazing but wasn't so keen on the acoustic guitar accompaniment. alex mills was great too, and ghetto as well.

Argh! Gutted to miss him. I left about 12.35, tired. The other stuff was OK I guess. I would have preferred just an hour of Maximum and the MCs passing the mic between each other properly but I guess that wasn't what they were going for really.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I believe, gentleman, we have achieved a whole new way to interpret the phrase "I'll bang your father out."

haha discarda is too much - i thought it was ant and dec's dec for a second

that 100 pills tune is good you know

and i was listening back to aim high 1 - wolves are lurking!!!! big!

and his version of fish go deep is big too - he almost sings!