william_kent

A couple of new publications

Man is the Animal: A Coil Zine

1628267090372.png

and a book from Strange Attractor Press - Coil Camera Light Oblivion

1628267364958.png

The zine looks more essential ( and is cheaper! ) - the book is photos of Coil live, probably one only for the completists, although the deluxe limited edition comes with a "Flashing black and silver enamel Time Machines hieroglyphic monad badge" which I would be curious to see..

john eden

male pale and stale
I guess I can say this now - Peter Rehberg spoke to me about wanting to do comprehensive Coil reissues but the people he dealt with were just too much aggro apparently and had vastly overestimated how much money was to be had from this sort of thing in the 2010s.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I guess I can say this now - Peter Rehberg spoke to me about wanting to do comprehensive Coil reissues but the people he dealt with were just too much aggro apparently and had vastly overestimated how much money was to be had from this sort of thing in the 2010s.

Seems like a few people are swilling from the trough with certain rereleases. PR would’ve been thorough, got masters done right onto formats where the pressings could’ve been a grooved artefact that you held the light up to. I don’t need special colours with records, unnecessary bells and whistles. Just a good weight, cut to order, with the original sleeve art

Thank you both, John and William, for the info

Simon silverdollarcircle

I think the reissues on Dais have been pretty nicely done- the time machines and mtpitd. Just nice pressings with the original artwork done really high quality.

But generally so glad that the reissues are out. It was getting really silly with second hand prices, escalating this myth that coil physical releases themselves are some kind of magical totemic artifact. Something which coil themselves encouraged of course with the Trauma editions and what not

john eden

male pale and stale
My Anal Staircase 12” is a magical totemic artefact. The back is signed by Balance and Sleazy. I don’t think I realised that until I got it home from the Rough Trade shop in Ladbroke Grove.

linebaugh

Ive always felt I was missing something with coil and it turns out thats a spiritual system picked up after the spending the entire 90's manning the 'resistance' on ecstacy in sweaty warehouses.

john eden

male pale and stale

The only Tool song I know is Prison Sex, but who knows if they identified as gay or what.