questions you are dying to ask but are too scared to b/c of music nerd cred?

elgato

I just dont know
sure, "holler with the rinsing sound"

rinsed used in that context is not my thing. good thing about slang isnt it, that it is generally made up and interchangable within meaning...good to change up a few letters while your at it, REnSKed it! Ransked it!! Ronsked it, create your own sound type of thing.. 'was all good until that ratty sketty doggy sket bitch came in and started rensking it out?'

fo sho

mos dan

fact music
maybe this is reading far too much into it, but i thought it was some sort of prometheus reference - like he's being tortured, persecuted, that sort of thing

big tune!

hmm yeah, that fits with the mood of the song better than the other suggestions.. particularly the stuff about the police and his bday bash (see the heatwave blog..)

gabriel to thread!

Jaie Miller

haha, i wouldn't want you to be on the bus, hearing some guys talking about they're gonna rinse that guys pockets and have you thinking you've got somthing good to look forward to.:rolleyes:it could happen to anyone.

gabriel

The Heatwave
hmm yeah, that fits with the mood of the song better than the other suggestions.. particularly the stuff about the police and his bday bash (see the heatwave blog..)

gabriel to thread!

i'm pretty sure 'the rock' = jamaica, the island, the rock in the sea etc

but it's probably metaphorical as well as in you can find me on the corner / on road etc

one away clothes would be something that was made especially for you as a one off by a designer, same as a one away dubplate/special is something that only you've got, not off the peg/pressed up on vinyl for everyone else to buy. or a tune like busy signal's jail or elephant man's pon de river, where the producer has made an instrumental specifically for one artist to record on rather than a riddim for everyone to jump on, that's a one away production as well

zhao

there are no accidents
something i've always wondered:

why in the WORLD would a self respecting, serious (not a comedian), deejay/singer/rapper/vocalist/artist call himself:

eggnog.JPG

????????????????? :confused:

john eden

male pale and stale
why is mavado so eager for his enemies to know that he's on the rock? also, are we talking the rock of gibraltar, former wrestler 'the rock', or something else altogether?

i effing love that tune btw, i just have no idea what the narrative is about.

Bit late on this, but it is a biblical reference.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Bit late on this, but it is a biblical reference.

A few Rocksteady tunes reference this idea as well - "Run to the Rock" by The Righteous Flames being the only one I can think of right now.

Chris AC

At the beginning of "Timeless", the singer goes "time-less" in a really drawn-out way. That's stretched digitally, isn't it?

john eden

male pale and stale
At the beginning of "Timeless", the singer goes "time-less" in a really drawn-out way. That's stretched digitally, isn't it?

Yeah I always assumed it was a timestretch thing in tribute to all the great timestretches in jungle.

ripley

something i've always wondered:

why in the WORLD would a self respecting, serious (not a comedian), deejay/singer/rapper/vocalist/artist call himself:

eggnog.JPG

????????????????? :confused:

As opposed to the really serious Deejay names like Mr. Pants, Busy Signal, Pinchers, Snagga Puss, Nikey Fungus, Professor Nuts, Smiley Culture, Mr. Chicken, Eek-a-Mouse, Fathead and Goofy?

zhao

there are no accidents
As opposed to the really serious Deejay names like Mr. Pants, Busy Signal, Pinchers, Snagga Puss, Nikey Fungus, Professor Nuts, Smiley Culture, Mr. Chicken, Eek-a-Mouse, Fathead and Goofy?

point taken. and i was aware of it before you made it with all the contenders out there for silliest alias... and i of course love it, the humour and not taking too seriously of the self, but you have to admit Egg Nog really takes it to another level don't it. Jamaican ODB by the name of Unicorn is pretty awesome too.