Great 2 Step?

FairiesWearBoots

I saw him play at Fabric in Nov and it was so good - loads of energy and heavy heavy subs,

it reminded me of Randall in late 90's - serious assault on your ears, dope

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Some great clips of him mashing up the cdjs kicking around.
Sign of a top Dj, pushing the tools beyond everyone else.

Straight into this thread

Benny Bunter

i could swear theres some amazing footage of him mixing todd edwards stuff in the studio somewhere but I cant find it now, maybe I imagined it? What a don though...

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
Interesting how he doesn't mix any tunes on any of those clips, just cuts one does the sample triggering stuff then bangs straight into the drop of another massive tune.
Is it just the way the clips are cut? Presumably he beat mixes some tunes?
Someone mentions pre pitched cds in the YouTube comments.
I saw Scott Garcia play last night and he didn't seem to spend any time getting tunes in time so I think maybe he was using them too, no real mixing either just turn up the treble, drop the mid &bass go into the other tune for 4bars and bang the eq back in for the drop on the next tune.
Is this a garage thing? The guy from horsepower was doing the same thing.

wise

bare BARE BONES
It's a shame EZ didn't release more tracks, his 4 releases are all pretty great. Guess he was too busy making loads of DJ money...

Benny Bunter

i could swear theres some amazing footage of him mixing todd edwards stuff in the studio somewhere but I cant find it now, maybe I imagined it? What a don though...

Did you check that 98 ez set I posted Benny? Old skool style, the energy reminds me of those great Petchy sets

I'll give it a go.

Its funny, even when you can see what he's doing quite clearly in that clip I posted, its still hard to figure out exactly how he does it. He's using vinyl in that clip too so he's clearly very good at beatmatching too. I doubt he uses pre-pitched cds, he's probably just very skilled at beat matching and can do it ridiculously quickly. i could be wrong though. He certainly has a very individual style.

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
It's just that he never seems to fiddle with the pitch control in those clips, i'm not saying he can't beatmix as clearly he can, i'd just like to see an unbroken video where he's beat mixing as well as all the other trickery.
I was surprised to see him triggering all the ids himself with the mouse as well, always presumed a lackey did that kind of stuff...

luka

been waiting for someone to put this on youtube for so long. evey once in a whil i'd check to see. nothing, then today, RESULT! if you dont love this you ar basically a div and theres nothing you can do about it.