luka

see if you can find an image of this ideogram he's got printed here. apparently hsien. He might have drawn it wrong I guess. Apparently means clarity/radiance. This is Pound's tensile light whose tensility derives from the lower left elements for 'silk', The light of course comes from the sun (upper left)

Benny Bunter

I watched it the other day, it might even be the exact same ideogram that he demonstrates, is it? I can't watch it right now to check.

luka

I watched it the other day, it might even be the exact same ideogram that he demonstrates, is it? I can't watch it right now to check.
are you in the bar glugging sherry and scarfing octopus and olives?

Benny Bunter

It's quite funny that bit in the video when the narrator says something like "most Chinese scholars disagree with Pound's theories but he doesn't care" just as he reclines pretentiously on the couch with his book 😅

luka

they're appalling. it's hilarious how huge the market for posh dinner party snacks is in this country. £3 for a packet of those rubbish dried beans or some sort of appalling rusk to bring as an offering to your host. there's whole shops dedicated to these items. foreign muck if you ask me.

Benny Bunter

Actually the chochitos are 'pickled' (in reality just swimming in salty water) lupin beans, not dried broad beans. Still shite though. But the Spanish do have a good range of salty snacks in the bars though if you eat meat and fish.