Benny Bunter

You're gonna have to explain this ox thing,I don't know anythibg about wcw.

Anything to do with the oxen of the sun from the Odyssey?

luka

it means there's nothing to explain. it's a big white ox. it makes an impression by dint of its own magnifience, for being what it is and nothing more. its' not a symbol. WCW-no ideas but in things

catalog

Big white cows are very big in Hinduism. Nandi the white cow, maybe it's a bull? has a big part to play in a lot of shiva stories. There's also a white cow featuring centrally in the parashurama avatar.

Benny Bunter

it means there's nothing to explain. it's a big white ox. it makes an impression by dint of its own magnifience, for being what it is and nothing more. its' not a symbol. WCW-no ideas but in things
So Pound did actually see a big white ox on the road to Pisa, presumably as he was being transported to the prison

luka

Isaiah 1:27​

“Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.”

luka

I think Kenner says Pound first read the Bible in the prison camp. it was one of a very few things he had available to read.

Benny Bunter

220px-Toilet_paper,_Pisan_Cantos.jpeg
Sheet of toilet paper showing start of Canto LXXXIV, c. May 1945, part of The Pisan Cantos, suggesting Pound may have begun it while in the steel cage

luka

sitting in a bar alone from midday to 3pm. stagger out pissed into the afternoon streets, somehow find your way home, collapse in the hallway to scornful looks from Ms B,

Benny Bunter

sitting in a bar alone from midday to 3pm. stagger out pissed into the afternoon streets, somehow find your way home, collapse in the hallway to scornful looks from Ms B,
Its 4 o clock here now and I've been sent out to to look for bread, otherwise spot on

luka

got sent out to buy a loaf of bread and instead spent 3 hours getting pissed alone!

Benny Bunter

Maybe I'll recite pounds famous 'Cave of Nerea' passage to her to make up for it as I return triumpantly with the stale baguette and everything will be alright