Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This was posted on Imgur the other day. We can now watch QAnon ruin relationships and lives virtually in real time. America seems to be caught in the grip of a supernatural panic fundamentally identical in nature to the ones that used to cause witch-hunts and pogroms.

qanon.JPG

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah exactly we cant all be scared of shadows and I've been playing this game for a long time. If I don't operate this way I will die anyway. Im completely dependent on it. it's the only thing that makes life meaningful and joyful (for me).
You sound genuinely quite ill here.

luka

are you not the luka who found moments of joy describing the arc of a bird over the river lea?

Same thing. I'm not talking about conspiracy theories. I'm talking about the specific mental state I need to maintain to be the worlds greatest poet, which is closely related to being a paranoid nutter without hopefully becoming a paranoid nutter.

john eden

male pale and stale
Same thing. I'm not talking about conspiracy theories. I'm talking about the specific mental state I need to maintain to be the worlds greatest poet, which is closely related to being a paranoid nutter without hopefully becoming a paranoid nutter.

OK that's better.

At the same time I'd be wary of roles, everyone is multidimensional. There is even more to you than being the worlds greatest poet, is what I am trying to say.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
You sound genuinely quite ill here.
Sounds to me like he's just got a clearer perspective on his psychic situation than most people have.

I made the point earlier about neoliberalism seemingly privately fostering psychic transformations that would publicly be labeled as pathological, so the ante is upped in terms of repressing what you feel as your nature, and dressing up in the wardrobe that neoliberalism mandates.

luka

OK that's better.

At the same time I'd be wary of roles, everyone is multidimensional. There is even more to you than being the worlds greatest poet, is what I am trying to say.

Yes every one is multidimensional and plays a range of roles, but also has a leading passion and purpose that gives meaning and context to the rest of their life.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
That is, it seems like more and more people are harboring psychic conditions or occupying psychic states, that would readily be diagnosed as pathological. The reason that a majority/common condition can qualify as pathological/uncommon is that it is repressed beyond acknowledgement or even recognition, in many cases.

Everyone thinks they are crazy, and is afraid of exhibiting it, because nobody else is exhibiting it. Social media can effectively function as a petrie dish in this sense, exacerbating and expediting this kind of mass psychic bad faith.

john eden

male pale and stale
That is, it seems like more and more people are harboring psychic conditions or occupying psychic states, that would readily be diagnosed as pathological. The reason that a majority/common condition can qualify as pathological/uncommon is that it is repressed beyond acknowledgement or even recognition, in many cases.

Everyone thinks they are crazy, and is afraid of exhibiting it, because nobody else is exhibiting it. Social media can effectively function as a petrie dish in this sense, exacerbating and expediting this kind of mass psychic bad faith.

I think there is a generational issue there. The young ones seem pretty good at articulating and being compassionate about mental unwellness.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Its a really tricky knot we're caught up in, regarding psychopathologies. Unprecedented information flows carry us into rapids we are unprepared to wade through.

I think there is a generational issue there. The young ones seem pretty good at articulating and being compassionate about mental unwellness.

I think so too, or at least that this kind of mass phenomenon is magnified among the younger generations, who were essentially birthed straight into flows of such speeds that they arguably never have even gotten a footing.

These younger generations, I argue, statistically normalize psychic conditions/states that have hitherto been statistically rare, and yet these states remain, even to today, liable to be diagnosed as pathological. Its like our benchmarks of diagnosis haven't had the time to calibrate to the psychic reality incurred by advancements in information flow.

luka

The way that I live my life and the things I value, experience and believe do put me outside of what is considered sane. When I had to go to a psychiatrist at the age of 21 they said I was a bit mad. As Stan says it doesn't take much to be diagnosed as pathological. I didn't choose to adopt that but I guess I could of worn it as a badge. I don't feel mad though and I don't run around naked and screaming and I don't have frightening psychotic episodes touch wood.

Even so there is something which feels threatening and oppressive to me in people like Mr Tea and their attitudes. As if they could mobilise the whole weight of the state behind them and lock you up and wipe your brain out with electro shock therapy. I don't think it's overdoing it to call him the Most Evil Man Alive.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I think so too, or at least that this kind of mass phenomenon is magnified among the younger generations, who were essentially birthed straight into flows of such speeds that they arguably never have even gotten a footing.
That said, when/if they get a footing, they may effectively be of a different species, loosely speaking. That is, their psychic ontology may be radically different than that of even the modern human.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The way that I live my life and the things I value, experience and believe do put me outside of what is considered sane. When I had to go to a psychiatrist at the age of 21 they said I was a bit mad. As Stan says it doesn't take much to be diagnosed as pathological. I didn't choose to adopt that but I guess I could of worn it as a badge. I don't feel mad though and I don't run around naked and screaming and I don't have frightening psychotic episodes touch wood.

Even so there is something which feels threatening and oppressive to me in people like Mr Tea and their attitudes. As if they could mobilise the whole weight of the state behind them and lock you up and wipe your brain out with electro shock therapy. I don't think it's overdoing it to call him the Most Evil Man Alive.
Achievement unlocked: Literally Hitler!

constant escape

winter withered, warm
And the kind of psychic condemnation/expulsion that one stands to receive is enough to frighten one into compliance, effectively overriding and commandeering their judgement. Not that the punishment is entirely incorporeal, but the incorporeal punishment is liable to extend to such intensities as eternal torture, etc.