thirdform

pass the sick bucket
They'll chop us up and turn us into jellied chum you mark my words third.

eh i mean I've completed my artistic goals so being obliterated is preferable to living for much longer in this stupid world. you need to hurry up and become the greatest poet. snort 10 grams of speed and just do it in one take. Stop deliberating for 20 years.

luka

It hasn't gone nearly far enough for my liking though. People are just substituting one authority for another.

luka

eh i mean I've completed my artistic goals. you need to hurry up and become the greatest poet. snort 10 grams of speed and just do it in one take. Stop deliberating for 20 years.
You should read Prediction Tablet it's the best thing written this century it's the equal of your mixes. I'll write another one just as good this year though and that's a promise.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Sure but the point that quote i posted was saying is that the conspiracist is not nearly paranoid enough. it's a controlled paranoia, because they have an ability to distance themselves from the world, rather than being forced to love it.

DannyL

Wild Horses
For me the collateral damage is too great to see much to celebrate,

You're also giving a free pass to the disinformation from various oppressive states (and our own tbh) in your celebration

If we don't have shared truths, we can't much of a society.

luka

I think that's ok. I'm fine with it. It's the beginning of a process I think you just have to go with it, grin maniacally.

DannyL

Wild Horses
You kinda demolish any ground to resist power though on that basis. It doesn't matter if vested interests lie in that reading. Who cares? it's a laugh innit.

luka

ideally you want to wait till some absolute objectivity intervenes. It's like when you're killing yourself on a month long Bender and all of a sudden some counter-spirit kicks in, recognises the emergency and wrestles back the wheel, steers you out of the pits of hell and back to the light

DannyL

Wild Horses
I think there will probably be a Qanon related bombing or mass gassing (like Aum) in the next few years. I find your stance pretty :sick: cos its basically saying you're okay with that cos it happened in the context of undermining truth.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
For me the collateral damage is too great to see much to celebrate,

You're also giving a free pass to the disinformation from various oppressive states (and our own tbh) in your celebration

If we don't have shared truths, we can't much of a society.

Re: shared truths. I mean that tc article I posted exactly points this out, albeit not to your taste I'm sure.

There are bricks in conspiracism that are reminiscent of radical democratism: the community of citizens in the state as a concrete and participatory form of their community of isolated individuals. But the situation has changed since the 1990s and early 2000s.
In the capitalism resulting from the restructuring of the 1970s/1980s, the reproduction of labor-power was the object of a double disconnection. On the one hand, there is a disconnection between the valorization of capital and the reproduction of labor-power, and on the other, a disconnection between consumption and wages as income.

The rupture of a necessary relation between capital valorization and the reproduction of labor-power breaks apart areas of reproduction that are coherent in their national or even regional delimitation. It is a question of separating, on the one hand, the reproduction and circulation of capital and, on the other, the reproduction and circulation of labor-power.
As the identity of a crisis of over-accumulation and under-consumption, the crisis of 2008 was a crisis of the wage relation which became a crisis of the wage society by setting in motion all the strata and classes of society that live on wages. Everywhere, with the wage society, it was a question of politics and distribution. As the price of labor (fetish form), the wage understandably appeals to the injustice of distribution. The injustice of distribution has an author who has “failed in their mission”: the state. The issue at stake here is the legitimacy of the state vis-à-vis its society. The proletariat participates in all of this, in its own structuring as the class that takes it on board.
In the crisis of the wage society, struggles around distribution point to the state as responsible for injustice. This state is the de-nationalized state, traversed by and as an agent of globalization. In contrast to “de-nationalization”, Keynesian policies were part of a “nationalized integration”: combination of the national economy, national consumption, training and education of a national workforce and a mastery of money and credit. In the “Fordist period”, the state had also become “the key to well-being”, and it was this citizenship that was pushed aside in the restructuring of the 1970s and 1980s. If citizenship is an abstraction, it refers to very concrete content: full employment, nuclear family, order-proximity-security, heterosexuality, work, nation. It is around these themes that class conflicts and the de-legitimation of all official discourse are ideologically reconstructed in the crisis of the wage society. Citizenship then becomes the ideology under which class struggle is conducted. There is a clear link between the success of conspiracy theories and many other expressions, for example the Gilets Jaunes.

It is not a “conspiracy”, even if the action is concerted and concealed, for major Wall Street firms to go to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to acquire a change in a law or benefit of any kind. That the general economic representatives of the American (and world) capitalist class address the general representatives of legality of the same class is not a “conspiracy”. It is the state. Or we imagine that the state is or should be “something else.” In place of capitalist social relations (which we want to preserve), there is here only a small number of cynical men who base their domination and exploitation of the “people” on a distorted representation of the world they have imagined so as to enslave minds. Conspiracism needs this simplistic conception of ideology, the mode of production and the state in order to be what it is: the apologia and preservation of current living conditions.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I mean, nothing really happens when established and shared truths decay. There's no payback for the powerful. They just learn how to game it so they can get away with more than ever.

luka

No one is going to read that stuff third that's something you just have to live with and adapt to

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Im definitely celebrating it because it represents the collapse of established truth. Collateral damage always regrettable of course.
That's easy to say if you're not one of the groups being targeted as a result of the explosion in conspiratorial thinking, isn't it?