METAL! Discuss

craner

Beast of Burden
Anal Blasphemy?? Ha ha, fuck me, that's beautiful.

Have you ever heard of a band called Vomit Remnants?

massrock

You all checked this right?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CrowleyHead

A lot of my favorite metal bands are inexplicably from the Chicago area. Namely, Nachtmystium, Yakuza and Millions. Huh.

vimothy

yurp
Fuck yeah:

Black Metal Theory Symposium I (2009) - audio

BMTS2009.jpg

Sound recordings of select presentations distributable as one file. Download here.

Or individually:

Anthony Sciscione - ‘Goatsteps behind my steps’: Black Metal and Ritual Renewal (mp3)
Brandon Stosuy - Meaningful Leaning Mess (mp3)
Erik Butler - The Counter-Reformation in Stone and Metal: Spiritual Substances (mp3)
Hunter Hunt-Hendrix - Transcendental Black Metal (mp3)
Joseph Russo - Perpetue Putesco - Perpetually I Putrefy (mp3)
Niall Scott - Black Confessions and Absu-lution (mp3)
Nicola Masciandaro - Anti-Cosmosis: Black Mahapralaya (mp3)
Scott Wilson - BAsileus philosoPHOrum METaloricum (mp3)
Steven Shakespeare - The Light that Illuminates Itself, the Dark that Soils itself: Blackened Notes from Schelling's Underground (mp3)

http://blackmetaltheory.blogspot.com/2009/12/black-metal-theory-symposium-i-2009.html

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Fuck yeah:

Black Metal Theory Symposium I (2009) - audio

BMTS2009.jpg

Sound recordings of select presentations distributable as one file. Download here.

Or individually:

Anthony Sciscione - ‘Goatsteps behind my steps’: Black Metal and Ritual Renewal (mp3)
Brandon Stosuy - Meaningful Leaning Mess (mp3)
Erik Butler - The Counter-Reformation in Stone and Metal: Spiritual Substances (mp3)
Hunter Hunt-Hendrix - Transcendental Black Metal (mp3)
Joseph Russo - Perpetue Putesco - Perpetually I Putrefy (mp3)
Niall Scott - Black Confessions and Absu-lution (mp3)
Nicola Masciandaro - Anti-Cosmosis: Black Mahapralaya (mp3)
Scott Wilson - BAsileus philosoPHOrum METaloricum (mp3)
Steven Shakespeare - The Light that Illuminates Itself, the Dark that Soils itself: Blackened Notes from Schelling's Underground (mp3)

http://blackmetaltheory.blogspot.com/2009/12/black-metal-theory-symposium-i-2009.html

Oh FUCK YEAH! Wicked vim thanks for findin that, super shit.

zhao

there are no accidents
i love metal.

from black to death to thrash to experimental stuff to quasi-metal like Melvins.

I FUCKING LOVE METAL.

but just never really want to listen to it anymore.

vimothy

yurp
Nah, the cheesy wankfest blogs slagging this off are the worst thing ever. Totally fucking predictable, totally fucking boring. Why do they even care? It's like when you're a vegetarian and people say, "do you eat fish? No? Good, I hate vegetarians who eat fish." Really, well, pull me up a chair. How fascinating. Personally, I think everyone should fuck off and die, but there's no way I'd write dumb ass blog posts about it like some whining cunt teenager who thinks people give a shit.

Being annoyed about this is the fakest falsest load of bullshit since people complained about Sepultura signing to a major label.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Oh yeah, the reactionary metalhead shit to it isn't great either, but the shit is just laughable. Although the symposium is kinda frustrating cause there are ideas there with some validity, they're just being awkwardly shoehorned into the currently fashionable patronisation-recipient.

slowtrain

Yeah, that Symposium stuff is really silly, it's all fine if black metal is an example of yr theories about psychology/musicology/whatever, but black metal itself does not have theories......

It's really just cashing in by people who want to 'legitimise' the scene because it's going to get really big soon

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I'm far more interested in black metal bands themselves bringing in these theories, as long as it's done in an organic, non-forced way. I mean I don't really like Deathspell Omega but the theology etc. they bring in is really interesting (and then there's Reverorum Ib Malacht, who wed that to absolutely brilliant music). L'acephale are another example.