Hip-Hop - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumdrops

thats too many links man - no one has enough time to sift through all those every day! ;) anyone here seen the beat kings dvd? its a really good dvd about hip hop production, one of the best hip hop docu dvds ive seen in a long time. has some really good interviews with kanye, rza, marley marl, etc etc.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Huh?

Well, it’s still early in the year. What I have heard so far hasn’t got my blood pumping the very least, to be honest. (Except for Tittsworth’s new EP, which I like.)

Great albums have been dropped lately in 2007 by Hell Razah, Snowgoons, Marco Polo, Domingo, Consequence, Wisemen, Sean Price, Apathy, Black Milk, El-P, Arts The Beatdoctor, Devin The Dude, Evidence, Prodigy Of Mobb Deep, 8Ball & MJG, Redman, Prince Ali, Madlib & Talib Kweli, The Dogg Pound, Hieroglyphics, etc. and NONE of them have even raised your eyebrows in the least? All I can say to that is "Wow". One.

polz

Great albums have been dropped lately in 2007 by Hell Razah, Snowgoons, Marco Polo, Domingo, Consequence, Wisemen, Sean Price, Apathy, Black Milk, El-P, Arts The Beatdoctor, Devin The Dude, Evidence, Prodigy Of Mobb Deep, 8Ball & MJG, Redman, Prince Ali, Madlib & Talib Kweli, The Dogg Pound, Hieroglyphics, etc. and NONE of them have even raised your eyebrows in the least? All I can say to that is "Wow". One.

19 great hiphop albums in less than 3 months?? this surely must be the best year for hiphop ever.

gumdrops

every one of those albums is damn near classic material too. i think 2007 is shaping up to be a real landmark year.

the new devin the dude album is meant to be good but ive not heard it yet.

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
the last hip hop thing i bought was the Mims single, just for the reggae remix, but i just don't have much to say about it...

i'm looking to check out the Eightball & MJG and Devin records, but haven't had a chance to yet...

i am still kinda steamed the Clipse record didn't come out on wax...

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Ouch....

the last hip hop thing i bought was the Mims single, just for the reggae remix, but i just don't have much to say about it...

i'm looking to check out the Eightball & MJG and Devin records, but haven't had a chance to yet...

i am still kinda steamed the Clipse record didn't come out on wax...

Using the words "Hip Hop" and "Mims" in the same sentence is stretching it...buying any Mims product is another thing entirely. One.

DJ PIMP

prodigy and alchemist - return of the mac... classic NY NY business.

mac 10 handles - the same ultimate pimp-groove edwin starr loop that ice-t used in high rollers...

whats the story with mobb deep? amerikaz nightmare was a personal all-time fave album - so dark and tight. blood money a huge let down. now prodigy is doing solo albums?

gabriel

The Heatwave
Using the words "Hip Hop" and "Mims" in the same sentence is stretching it...buying any Mims product is another thing entirely. One.

yeah peter, how could you, didn't you realise that mims are actually a funky house/dubstep duo?!? this thread has got a bit ridiculous now, when people post something about hip hop and it's dismissed as not even being in the right genre. jesus. :rolleyes:

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Well...

yeah peter, how could you, didn't you realise that mims are actually a funky house/dubstep duo?!? this thread has got a bit ridiculous now, when people post something about hip hop and it's dismissed as not even being in the right genre. jesus. :rolleyes:

That would be because Mims is just a rapper...period. He does not represent the culture of Hip Hop AT ALL...he just tries to sound like he's from down South in order to move units. His CD will be put in the Rap/Hip Hop section in stores but he does not make Hip Hop. That's why I wrote what I wrote. One.

gumdrops

not my link but heres the MIA and timbaland track... i think timbaland could have given her a better beat than this but its not bad.

http://rapidshare.com /files/23113859/Timbaland_feat._M.I.A._-_Come_Around_HHH.mp3

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Easy...

prodigy and alchemist - return of the mac... classic NY NY business.

mac 10 handles - the same ultimate pimp-groove edwin starr loop that ice-t used in high rollers...

whats the story with mobb deep? amerikaz nightmare was a personal all-time fave album - so dark and tight. blood money a huge let down. now prodigy is doing solo albums?

They were offered money to move units, their traditional sound doesn't move units anymore. They flopped and Prodigy went back to being himself on an indie label with Alchemist producing and him spitting that old grmy shit he's known for. Money can't buy happiness. One.

crackerjack

I couldn't really grasp what the fuss was about Blood Money. Strip away the G Unit hooks on a handful of tracks and it sounds like most of their recent records. They haven't made a great album since Hell On Earth.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Okaaaaay part 8

I couldn't really grasp what the fuss was about Blood Money. Strip away the G Unit hooks on a handful of tracks and it sounds like most of their recent records. They haven't made a great album since Hell On Earth.

Aside from NO guest appearances from any of their affiliates like IM3 AKA Infamous Mobb, Cormega, Rapper Noyd or Chinky? Aside from hem rapping about being rich half the time? Aside from Prodigy faxing in his bars the entire album? Be serious.

Hip Hop may not be dead but it's apparent it doesn't live at Dissensus (but we already knew that, didn't we?)

One.

crackerjack

Aside from NO guest appearances from any of their affiliates like IM3 AKA Infamous Mobb, Cormega, Rapper Noyd or Chinky? Aside from hem rapping about being rich half the time? Aside from Prodigy faxing in his bars the entire album? Be serious.

Hip Hop may not be dead but it's apparent it doesn't live at Dissensus (but we already knew that, didn't we?)

One.

Oh purlease! You don't make great music by dishing out jobs for the boys (even if they are a damn sight more talented than the G unit flunkies) and Prodigy has been sleepwalking half the time for the last ten years.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
True enough....

Oh purlease! You don't make great music by dishing out jobs for the boys (even if they are a damn sight more talented than the G unit flunkies) and Prodigy has been sleepwalking half the time for the last ten years.

Of course the Mobb weren't what they once were...but they STILL SOUNDED LIKE THE M-O-B-B that we knew and loved up until and through the Infamy project, Free Agents Mixtape, and Amerikka's Nightmare LP's...there was, however, a significant switch in their post "Cobra" G Unit recordings...that's obvious to anyone who was a fan of theirs. One.

gumdrops

ive not heard the mobb deep album yet although everyone seems to be saying its their best album in years. i cant help thinking thats probably just cos people are relieved that theyre not trying to appease g-unit fans and the mainstream, whether the albums actually any good i dont know. i dont think prodigys heart has been in rapping for a while but hopefully he sounds refreshed on this one.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
No....but my writing tool IS

PD, your blog is down/404?

It's still running (although my laptop has died and someone has apparently hacked my MySpace page)..It may take a while before everything is resolved with it...This thread is fuckin' DEAD BTW. I'm almost willing to let it let die here in Dissensusland. One.

Status
Not open for further replies.