Kwaito resources?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I wish unknown to the unknown would fuck off with that shit, post up your own tunes with your own fucking advertising if you must. But really. Fuck off.

muser

to be fair that edit-song was already up on Yt, so not sure why he decied to re-upload just for the sake of putting some quirky picture on it

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
to be fair that edit-song was already up on Yt, so not sure why he decied to re-upload just for the sake of putting some quirky picture on it

Yeah, for that reason above I don't like it. It's an annoying marketing ploy, and all advertisers should be shot. They've internalised the idea that you should market yourself in all aspects of your life. I think their creative time could be better spent. And I hate the animation, say something if you're going to expend all that energy, do something subversive if you want to create an underground movement. It's saying 'I'm a marketing ploy for myself and I like smoking weed and this one sounded good when I was ponced off my box'.

Oh well done.

zhao

there are no accidents
ngoma10.jpg

Umlilo means fire in Zulu, and this mix takes us back to the Dirty South for a scorching ride through raw township sound. Exchanging smooth for ruff, Umlilo focuses on the connection between ghetto Rap and current Electro, between modern SA House and its Kwaito roots.

Futurism in Africa never disconnected from the human body: sound design does not become a solipsistic end in itself; song form stays intact through all the warping, bending, stretching and expanding; and the rhythms never bang on without purpose -- robust machine groove is always at the service of booty shake.

Come on mosquito, lets go!

01 Dj Killer - Church Song feat. Chaka Chukwu
02 Big Nuz - Superman
03 Xavatha (Woza Chynaman)DJ Clock ft. Big Nuz, Tzozo & Sox
04 Big Nuz - Ungesabi (remix)
05 Zola - Khokhovula
06 Big Nuz - Izinja feat Tira and Tzozo
07 TKZee - Fella Kae
08 CNDO - Seducer feat. Tira & Big Nuz
09 Mgo - Yes
10 DJ What What - Unknown
11 Unknown - Woza Durban