favourite headline ever

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
'We just wanted to find a bargain': Elderly couple looking for jumble sale end up at 'illegal rave'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...llegal-rave-Cambridgeshire.html#ixzz2U7fk4pQZ

Oh man, you should have included the photo. It's the most heartwarming thing I've ever seen!

article-2266916-171B10C8000005DC-386_634x441.jpg

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ah, reminds me of the time my Dad (70ish) came with me to a gig of modern beat music in Berlin...actually, a gig by a Dissensian...

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Not a single headline, but our local paper has a story about Cambridge Uni students getting in trouble for spraying passers by with Bollinger in a post-exam celebration right next to the Tom Sharpe obituary.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Anyone see today's Express? It really has excelled itself:

2013-06-06.jpg

Though I guess it's a Diana article short of a full house...

Last edited:

philblackpool

gamelanstep
I can't find this one online, but I'm pretty sure I've remembered it right:

"Two shags perved my melons".

Tells you the whole story quite evocatively in five words but completely impenetrable to anyone who doesn't know english very well or even someone who hadn't been checking the news out for a few weeks beforehand.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I can't find this one online, but I'm pretty sure I've remembered it right:

"Two shags perved my melons".

Tells you the whole story quite evocatively in five words but completely impenetrable to anyone who doesn't know english very well or even someone who hadn't been checking the news out for a few weeks beforehand.

On similar lines was a great sports one I saw in one of the London freesheets a few years ago, which went REAL SNUB DROG.

To be honest I had no idea counterfeit snubdrog had become such a problem.