luka

Part of the reason I end up starting Polachek threads instead of threads of artists I actually care about is because at least then there's some distance, I might like Polachek but I'm not invested. I can't imagine actually putting up the albums or books that mean everything to me, just to watched them trashed and ridiculed and made small. Not "ripped to pieces" but shit on, polluted, deflated, lessened.
I mean this is sad, but I don't know what the answer is.

sus

If someone was able to articulate a defense instead of "Gus is a pedo with shite taste lol" it would at least be productive.

I dunno, it's whatever, just some days I get pushed to a limit and should back off and come back on my own accord.

sus

Isn't gonna happen. Very little grime, hip-hop, dance music resonates with my energy or my moods TBH. Doesn't gimme the feelings I like and am after. Mellow, bittersweet, wistful, or outright happy/ecstatic music. I think it's a sign of mental health.

sus

My friend listened exclusively to very loud punk music all college and had awful mental health.

luka

Isn't gonna happen. Very little grime, hip-hop, dance music resonates with my energy or my moods or my soul TBH. I like mellow, bittersweet, wistful, or outright happy/ecstatic music. I think it's a sign of mental health.
Don't you like aggression and exuberance? Healthy manly energies?

sus

Don't even go to live shows of musicians I like. Terrible. Sound bad, too many people. Would rather sit on the couch, listen to a record.

sus

I like to stay at a low simmering state always. Little fluctuations. Sometimes passing feelings of beauty or sadness but always simmering, never boiling up.

Going dancing all night I can't even fathom the purpose. I'd pour my energy into something productive like writing. Otherwise you might as well be doing aerobics to burn calories.

sus

I would tag Mvuent but that Titan of the Midwest is too busy turning his life around and becoming Powerful to hang here anymore.

linebaugh

Isn't gonna happen. Very little grime, hip-hop, dance music resonates with my energy or my moods TBH. Doesn't gimme the feelings I like and am after. Mellow, bittersweet, wistful, or outright happy/ecstatic music. I think it's a sign of mental health.
I think this is sign of some damage. I cant articulate it but I think for people of our upbringing its part of a healthy maturation process to develop that resonance. The latter tastes yoy described is our natutal state but not a complete individual. Weve got to lick the toads and have our katabasis

linebaugh

Gus might say that its actually the norm to like hip hop and edm for people of our upbringing and on one level hes right but he also knows hes wrong. He knows that as a youngster there was visceral discord in his constitution when he heard a hip hop song.