Trim - Soulfood

im completely the opposite

riko's classics are really doing it for me and im not feeling the trim one so much as the first 2

as for ghetto's mixtape i dont even listen to it at all save maybe commandments, so much effort to have to go through - he definately would not figure in the top 3 of the moment (maybe for effort alone)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
im completely the opposite

riko's classics are really doing it for me and im not feeling the trim one so much as the first 2

as for ghetto's mixtape i dont even listen to it at all save maybe commandments, so much effort to have to go through - he definately would not figure in the top 3 of the moment (maybe for effort alone)

Ghetto wouldn't rank in my top 3 right now either, but that's really just down to personal taste. There is no denying though that between Wiley, Skepta, Goodz and Ghetts, no one really has a bigger piece of the game or appears in people's top 3s more.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
my concern is i see a lot of youngers coming through but their flow's and content leave me cold. Griminal, Devlin, Chipmunk... to me their flows are so much less interesting than D Double E, Goodz, Wiley, Riko, Trim etc

is it co-incidence or second genration grime mcs raised only on grime...

faustus

my concern is i see a lot of youngers coming through but their flow's and content leave me cold. Griminal, Devlin, Chipmunk... to me their flows are so much less interesting than D Double E, Goodz, Wiley, Riko, Trim etc

i think griminal's great... but yeah, devlin is a bit lame. his bars on the top 3 selected remix are so weak and a bit embarassing - does he really think he's top 3 (or wretch 32)? come on!

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
don't rate chipmunk and honestly think devlin is one of the worst emcees in grime - no charisma whatsoever - but i've become a total griminal convert in the last few weeks. although i still have trouble telling him and little nasty apart :eek:

tom pr

I thought it was great that in that footage from the last dirty canvas, Griminal is getting a massive reaction for all his bars where as Jammer pulling out the same ones he's been doing for years goes down like a lead balloon. Jam could do with a kick up the arse when it comes to live shows.

john eden

male pale and stale
I thought it was great that in that footage from the last dirty canvas, Griminal is getting a massive reaction for all his bars where as Jammer pulling out the same ones he's been doing for years goes down like a lead balloon. Jam could do with a kick up the arse when it comes to live shows.

Tom PR sending for Jammer shocker!!!!

;)

bassnation

the abyss

i thought fire alie was wicked personally, love the way he rides over those beats - not sure i'd rate him over the likes of riko and wiley (the latter for his purely surreal flow, his lyrics make me laugh) but hes pretty good for 16 - maybe these kids will develop in interesting ways.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

I think Chipmunk doesn't really fit into the same category as Devlin and Griminal - he actually does have a pretty unique and interesting flow; he's got that Kano-esque cocky sweetboy thing going on, and he's already miles above a lot of people years his senior.

But I know what you mean, because a lot of the new youngers grew up on grime there seems to be an obsession with either sounding really dark (a la Tempa T, Ghetto, Esco, etc.) or sounding skippy (a la Ghetto, Kano, Goodz). This is one instance where you can see hip hop's influence on grime being a good thing in terms of encouraging people to develop their own distinctive flow and also because from 25+ years of hip hop's history, there is an incredibly wide range of flows that the original guys could've been influenced by (not to forget dancehall MCs either, or drum and bass ones for that matter).

That's why I'm really feeling guys like Quincy and Crunch from The Circle (Trim's crew), and Lee Brasco from Ruff Sqwad. Crunch in particular - that guy is very overlooked and can spit his face off over any beat.

Last edited:
killa p's thing is really good - although he does sound older - i like blacks from the og's, and saskilla, from nu brand, saskilla especially, he's got some mad flow/enunciation thing going on

gumdrops

the new one should be out soon... i would love to hear trim work with some of these wonky producers. not with beats that are too 'wacky' or anything, just a bit off-key/off-kilter.