zhao

there are no accidents
Original version, Radio Edit, and Extended Mix which are all EXACTLY THE SAME with only a minute or 2 difference in length found on EPs and singles.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
today on my way home from school some dude in a convertible yelled "get a car!" at me. it's not the first time I've heard that either. now, I understand when people yell "get off the road" or "f--k you" or whatever, but it always mystifies when they tell me to a get a car. like, is this dude an out of work car salesman? was his family killed by a roving pack of Road Warrior-style cyclists (on fixed gears & tall bikes & choppers instead of motorcycles & dune buggies & so on)? am I somehow personally offending him by not burning fossil fuels? a headscratcher, really.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Biology.

It's actually much, much harder than it seems like it would be. Biology obeys nobody's logical rules, it's unpredictable, and beyond that, it's not even really a discipline... it's interdisciplinary to the point of being almost impossible to understand to any meaningful degree without knowing all of the other physical sciences very very well.

If I didn't have to take the MCATS, I would switch to being chemistry major. For some reason chem is much easier for me, even though I was sure it would be the hardest subject I would have to deal with this time around. It's the most fun and straightforward and lab is the best part of my week.

Anyway, I have a whole new appreciation for what biologists do. I used to think that shit was the easy part of science, like the sociology department of the hard sciences. My illusions have been shattered!

alex

Do not read this.
people who phone up to ask a question when they could have typed into google & pressed "im feeling lucky!" and got a better answer

polystyle

today on my way home from school some dude in a convertible yelled "get a car!" at me. it's not the first time I've heard that either. now, I understand when people yell "get off the road" or "f--k you" or whatever, but it always mystifies when they tell me to a get a car. like, is this dude an out of work car salesman? was his family killed by a roving pack of Road Warrior-style cyclists (on fixed gears & tall bikes & choppers instead of motorcycles & dune buggies & so on)? am I somehow personally offending him by not burning fossil fuels? a headscratcher, really.

Where was this Padraig ?
Have never heard that one ...

zhao

there are no accidents
OH. MY. GOD.

font management in OS

DOES

MY

FUCKING

HEAD IN.

every time i'm so very careful to not touch anything important, but when i turn off a bunch of shit that i don't need, something fucks up.

this morning a bunch of my system fonts which can not be turned on or off in Font Explorer X inexplicably were turned off, and greyed out so i can't even turn them back on. after spending 2 hours logging into another user and taking screen caps of necessary fonts i ended up making copies of everthing in system-library-fonts folder and reimporting them as duplicates, and turning those on.

FUCK ME I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Advert on the tube today featuring photo of a young black guy and the words "Waste of space" (or something to that effect). Predictably it's an ad for some kind of youth workshop charity company thing.

All the charity ads do this: "At first it seems we're simply reaffirming and reinforcing the prejudices you doubtless harbour in your twisted, bigoted heart - but wait! Read on and you'll find that actually we're cleverly subverting said prejudices!!!! Really made you think for a moment, didn't we? You pig-ignorant Mail-reading fuckhead."

Oh wow, you've really challenged my preconceptions, thanks for that.

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
Ha! The only other person here would never dream of doing such a thing, so I'd be prime suspect...

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Ha! The only other person here would never dream of doing such a thing, so I'd be prime suspect...

It's fun to dream up revenge plots when you're sitting there, tho. I always made a point of wasting as much company time as possible when I worked. It was a point of pride for me.

Also, expensing everything. Anything and everything I could get away with.