Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
papyrus.png

luka

Fancying something to eat and upon eating it, it turns out to be rubbish.

or even worse planning some fancy delecious meal that your going to cook then fucking it up having a temper tantrum and chucking it all on the floor/at the wall or in the bin if youre being more calm and rational/

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Ugh, DJ'd my first ever set in a club.
New local weekly gig, run by my friend. Only the 2nd week in-operation.
Played the opening slot, 10-11pm. Got there and was confronted by one of those x: one 92 beasts of a mixer, which I've never used before. Terrifying.
Spent so long fucking around trying to get the levels good in the booth/headphones and a few clangy mixes due to the crazy gain set-up I lost all my confidence and just ended up cuing from the last 16. Eventually got it together enough to have a half dozen semi-decent mixes, and got some sort of nice opening vibe goin' on, built up the atmosphere in the place and got people (standing) on the dancefloor.

Next guys take over and blast out terrible terrible power brostep overdriven midrange flange shit and completely kill the vibe, everybody walks out of the dance floor and as if on cue, thousands of 18yr old's show up and start texting, being loud and running around everywhere.

Shitty experience, and I'm well pissed off at my self that I didn't do better. Can mix roughly 10^999^18.2 times better in my bedroom.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
or even worse planning some fancy delecious meal that your going to cook then fucking it up having a temper tantrum and chucking it all on the floor/at the wall or in the bin if youre being more calm and rational/

Argghhhhh this right here.

"It's fucked. IT'S FUCKED. No! I can't save it! Look at it! Clearly not saveable. It's fucked."

I could never work in a kitchen

alex

Do not read this.
Hey Dr Awesome, don’t worry about it atall, my first time playing out was much worse than that! And don’t watch the brosteppah’s, I know this sounds cliché, but real heads know what’s really good!! Also, now you have played there, and have clocked the operational aspects of the mixer, I think your confidence will be a lot higher next time you decide to play there.

alex

Do not read this.
Also, apologies if I came off like a self righteous prick who knows everything about Dj’ing in that last post, I am blatently shit compared to a lot of Dj’s. Just didn’t want you to be put off by this experience!

you

so so true, it's the hunter-gatherer trait, when I get too hungry I cant do anything except run or show aggression, arms buzz etc....... staying rational and calm whilst watching your meal burn is never going to happen. I remember I threw a knife once and it stuck in the floor and wobbled and made a cartoonish sound and I thought 'that never happens - why now?'.

zhao

there are no accidents
Yeah I know - and different languages, customs and laws too. So annoying.

you are right, IdleRich. non-standardized power-outlets equals the preservation of diversity and cultural heritage.

i suppose rails should have different sizes too so that trains can not operate beyond their own country. that would be an awesome victory against the insidious forces of globalization.

STN

sou'wester
So different countries have different plugs. Yes, it's annoying, but why is it surprising?

well isn't that what the 'Pointless ...' bit is about? Things which irk you, though you've no power over them/can think of perfectly good reasons for them?

PeteUM

It's all grist
ho ho, my sister always rings up very near my birthday/xmas and barks 'I'm in HMV, what do you want?' which I think is rather rude.

She has lovely handwriting though, fluid and elegant.

My sister does this. I mean I'm shit with presents too but last Xmas I was freezing my tits off in Notting Hill with two hours to kill before going to meet my successful-mates-in-a-band but no money to sit in warm pubs and this lairy rasta guy engaging my girlfriend in conversation and my sister rings up and goes "I'm on Amazon, what do you want?".