Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Cucumber, schmucumber. In the seriousness scale, tomato in sandwiches ranks somewhere between car crashes and AIDS.

you

This fits one of my major gripes - i really don't much like tomatoes (cooked or dried is fine) and particularly not in sandwiches. So why can i never find a sandwich at Eat or wherever that doesn't have tomatoes? And please do not tell me you can always take them out - by then the damage is done - the sandwich is tainted with tomato gloop - there are obviously greater concerns in the world today but sandwiches matter too.

Wow! Im not alone.

My first food was tomato, it was the only thing I would eat. Then, by the time I was 8 I hated it, could not stand it on the table, slowly, by the time I was at college I could handle pizza and sauces, but not fresh tomato, even the tomato-y residue left on salad leaves was still horrid and repulsive to me..... now after a few more years I can quite happily enjoy the odd chunk in a salsa..... I had my first BLT a few weeks ago - not an unpleasant experience! Sun blushed raisiny tomatoes are quite nice to with parma ham or cheese....

BUT

Those psychopaths who tuck into a whole raw tomato at lunch need their heads looking at, utter nonsense......

and one more thing - find me a cafe/supermarket wrap or sandwich packaging that does not obliterate the contained foodstuff upon removal! Agggh its easy open, easy pour ( my arse ) orange juice all over again.

and one more thing - that show on channel five, the apprentice girl and Ian Wright waffle on about a 'celeb' with insightful comments like "not right though innit" - makes loose women feel like newsnight in comparison.

Im grumpy and going to bed. hmph

luka

thats one of my things too. watercress is much better. why is rocket so ubiquitous. the same goes for balsamic vinegar. usually cloying. theres no need for it.

malcolm

Was just idly surfing back through the thread and came upon this:

Reminded me of a bit in a book I read recently; dude mentions a trick he learnt as a student in shared accommodation to stop this happening - write MILK EXPERIMENT on the bottle. :cool:

haha, can you think of a good way for butter? i took a day off yesterday and half of my lurpack has gone wandering.. grr

luka

i like tomatos though they are nice. i like them in a tomato salad. either with finely choppped onion and venigerette or with finely sliced raw garlic and basil and olive oil, with or without vinegar depending on what it tastes like. its one of my favourite things.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, butter is best kept in the cupboard apart from during the hottest part of the summer when it gets squidgy and wet rather than merely soft. I guess ideally it's kept in a larder, but who the hell has a larder these days?

I don't get people who keep eggs in the fridge. There's just no need unless you live in the tropics. They're not refrigerated in the shop, are they?

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People who claim that "the guy/girl who made that must have been on drugs" whenever they see something weird.

Oh god yeah, I hate this. Often the thing in question is not even particularly weird. Like you'd have to be tripping your tits off to think of anything even vaguely outside of everyday humdrum reality.

People who say that are just advertising their own crippling lack of imagination.

My turn: anyone else notice a huge surge in 'phishing' attempts on facebook recently, i.e. blatantly spurious 'friend' requests from people you've never heard of?

luka

yes i have noticed that, they all seem to be girls in skimpy costumes. i dont think they are real people.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People who don't know how to use mobile phones - specifically, people who think you have to hold it to your ear to listen then move it around in front of your mouth to speak. Do they not realise you can just hold it still at the side of your face? Bizarre.

People who use their mobile on speakerphone in public. I've only seen this a couple of times but I think it's far, far worse that playing music out loud. It's pretty much the same thing as wearing a T-shirt with "I don't deserve to breathe" printed on it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
An advert I saw on the tube the other day, for a 2-in-1 water machine that produces both boiling and "ice-cold" water.

Ice-cold water is called "ice", you lamentable spanners.

STN

sou'wester
An advert I saw on the tube the other day, for a 2-in-1 water machine that produces both boiling and "ice-cold" water.

Ice-cold water is called "ice", you lamentable spanners.

Maybe they just mean 'as cold as water which has ice in it'. Not that I'm anxious to stick up for advertising copy.

Leo

People who don't know how to use mobile phones - specifically, people who think you have to hold it to your ear to listen then move it around in front of your mouth to speak. Do they not realise you can just hold it still at the side of your face? Bizarre.

People who use their mobile on speakerphone in public. I've only seen this a couple of times but I think it's far, far worse that playing music out loud. It's pretty much the same thing as wearing a T-shirt with "I don't deserve to breathe" printed on it.

i always laugh when i see people all twisted up like a pretzel with the phone in their right hand but holding it against their left ear (or the other way around). why not just move your right hand to your right ear, or switch the phone to your left hand?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i always laugh when i see people all twisted up like a pretzel with the phone in their right hand but holding it against their left ear (or the other way around). why not just move your right hand to your right ear, or switch the phone to your left hand?

Maybe they're right-handed but left-eared, or vice-versa? It's a serious disability, you know!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

Arrghh one of the infinite number of managers at my summer desk job does this in his cubicle. He doesn't have his own office where he can close the door, but this doesn't stop him from having loud, business-speak riddled "ear-to-ears" with people over speaker phone. I'm going to stop here before I go into a hysterical tirade. This man is the bane of my existence between the hours of 9am and 5pm.