john eden

male pale and stale
what was done without his consent?

I think the implication is that his paypal account has been hijacked by people who wish him to receive (at his registered address) independently produced magazines covering reggae/grime/dubstep.

That would be unusual, I think?

STN

sou'wester
Maybe he's some sort of rockist, and local 'poptimists' have sent them to him as a joke. Like ordering pizza for people you don't like (does this still go on?)

But why do you need to provide proof of postage? Surely he's not disputing that they arrived?

john eden

male pale and stale
Maybe he's some sort of rockist, and local 'poptimists' have sent them to him as a joke. Like ordering pizza for people you don't like (does this still go on?)

But why do you need to provide proof of postage? Surely he's not disputing that they arrived?

Paypal are pretty hardcore - they give you 3 options or something - refund the money or provide proof of postage (either a tracking number or a receipt with the address on). You have to do one of them in 7 days or else...

I'm not really moaning about that - I'm sure they have to deal with all sorts of scams and they've helped me to send hundreds of people things I wanted to get to them.

Ordering pizza is pretty straightforward because you don't need a password tho...

john eden

male pale and stale
Ah ok I just checked my email and he's replied to my rather abrupt query.

Turns out his account was hacked and then paypal just froze everything including stuff he had ordered. He is going to sort it.

No doubt this pleasant resolution will reassure us all of the magickal properties of having a proper vent in this thread.

STN

sou'wester
well in that case I'd like Thee Poweres thatte bee to arrange for the tosser in the convertible who honked his horn at me while I was crossing the road (at a perfectly reasonable pace) to come and say sorry, and bring me a slice of shepherd's pie.

Itchy & Scratchy

Harry Hill.

Daffodils. They're fine for the two odd months or so that they're in bloom, but it's always at this point in the year when everything else is coming out with colour beneath the Sun and blue skies that they wilt and die en masse and the remains are just ugly.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
People who take ages at cash points. I mean, sure, top up your phone, check your balance, get some monkey out, but some people seem to be organising a second mortgage or rearranging their portfolio of shares and bonds across five international markets or something. It's particularly odd when they stare at the thing every time it asks them a question like "would you like a) withdrawal without receipt b) withdrawal with receipt c) balance on screen or d) mobile phone top up" as if it was a completely unexpected curveball rather than something that they presumably already had an answer to otherwise they wouldn't have bothered going to the cashpoint.

BareBones

wheezy
it's when they realise they've forgotten something and have to put their card back in and go through the whole tedious process again that usually tips me over the edge

viktorvaughn

why are the reviews in the Wire just called 'dub' when it obviously covers reggae and danechall too?? this seems willfully silly.

I hate the appropriation of multiple foodstuffs from around the globe into some unholy platter of 'WORLD DIPS'. They aren't just dips to dip your fucking doritos into, they are just paste like foods from around the world. (hummus, tadziki, babaganoushe etc).

STN

sou'wester
those bloody shops where you can buy a 'classy' screen print of Al Pacino, Sean Connory, Paul Weller, Joe Strummer or any number of other icons of tedious blokedom.

I hate them!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
those bloody shops where you can buy a 'classy' screen print of Al Pacino, Sean Connory, Paul Weller, Joe Strummer or any number of other icons of tedious blokedom.

I hate them!

Agreed. Although for no good reason I can explain I think one of John Major would be quite cool.

john eden

male pale and stale
why are the reviews in the Wire just called 'dub' when it obviously covers reggae and danechall too?? this seems willfully silly.

Yes. I can't help thinking it's because historically The Wire had a slightly rockist take on experimental music and "dub" fits into that rather better than reggae and dancehall which are a bit more "pop".

I like Steve Barker a lot tho. Respect due. :cool:

viktorvaughn

Yes. I can't help thinking it's because historically The Wire had a slightly rockist take on experimental music and "dub" fits into that rather better than reggae and dancehall which are a bit more "pop".

I like Steve Barker a lot tho. Respect due. :cool:

Yeah i like the reviews but it demonstrably makes no sense at all. To me if it just said Reggae that would be a more serviceable umbrella term to cover dancehall and dub..

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Yeah, I can believe that.

And I think I might have said this before, but audiophiles in dance music.:mad:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I hate the appropriation of multiple foodstuffs from around the globe into some unholy platter of 'WORLD DIPS'. They aren't just dips to dip your fucking doritos into, they are just paste like foods from around the world. (hummus, tadziki, babaganoushe etc).

They do make great dips tho.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
'This video has been removed due to terms of use violation'.
Brings out a :mad: from me every time. I'm sure we've all had experience of this.