Tattoos- Help Needed

swears

preppy-kei
"If you think it's mainstream to have a tattoo, try having obvious tattoos (and tattoos of a serious size) in a 'respectable', mainstream job."

There's people in my office building that have tattoos. You get middle managers with tribal tats and suburban mothers of three with lower back designs. They don't get any bother from their bosses, as long as it's not "skinz" on your forehead or something, I think it's pretty acceptable.

tom pr

1) I've never met anyone who didn't think they should have probably got what they got a little bit bigger. So go three 2 pound coins rather than three 10 pence pieces.
Yeah, that's what I've always heard from my inked friends.

Anyway, this thread couldn't have come at a much better time: I love tattoos and want to get something this summer. Unfortunately, I have no idea what (something I've designed myself though), but martin's description of that place in Muswell High sounds nice. I might try the one on the Shoreditch end of Hackney Road that used to have the fancy front; went in there once to get a tongue-bar changed and they seemed like really nice chaps, plus an old school mate used to go there. Anyone tried it?

bassnation

the abyss
I dunno, tattoos just seem a bit too "alt rock" for my liking.

i've been thinking of getting the moving shadow logo done as a tattoo on my left arm - never mind bloody seattle, thats 'ardkore mate ;)

having said that, only people over 30 will actually know what the hell it is.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The only things that qualify as tattoos in my book nowadays are having 'Brew Crew' or 'Cunt' on your forehead, the rest is just decoration.

hint

party record with a siren
The only things that qualify as tattoos in my book nowadays are having 'Brew Crew' or 'Cunt' on your forehead, the rest is just decoration.

:(

0130063tattoo1.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've seen the cock one before (on a drunken night out in Soho, lol rofl) - funny how they've 'censored' it.

mms

sometimes
what sort of idiot gets that cat tattoo, my god.
my sister is a bit of a Tattoo victim bless her, several very meaningless tattoos adorn her body all the classically shit ones in the most rubbish obvious twattish places, as well as piercings. .The one in her eyebrow came out leaving a right mess, bit she's still got nose, tongue and belly button as well as ears. my dad told me he'd kick me out of i got a tattoo or an earring when i was small, several times. I always wanted a tattoo and i wanted my nose pierced when i was a kid but it seems silly now cos my nose is big as it is.

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
what sort of idiot gets that cat tattoo, my god.
my sister is a bit of a Tattoo victim bless her, several very meaningless tattoos adorn her body all the classically shit ones in the most rubbish obvious twattish places, as well as piercings. .The one in her eyebrow came out leaving a right mess, bit she's still got nose, tongue and belly button as well as ears. my dad told me he'd kick me out of i got a tattoo or an earring when i was small, several times. I always wanted a tattoo and i wanted my nose pierced when i was a kid but it seems silly now cos my nose is big as it is.

man, the thought of anyone even touching my belly button (let alone tattooing it) makes me feel physically sick. plus how the hell does someone put up with the pain of having your nob inked? surely some anaesthetic comes into play there.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"how the hell does someone put up with the pain of having your nob inked? surely some anaesthetic comes into play there."
In that picture it looks to me as though the guy is in what might be termed a "state of arousal". That raises interesting questions, presumably if he was he wanted to get a picture that would look right in that state then he would have had to be in that condition when the tattoo was done but that in turn suggests that anaesthetic was unlikely. I've got a feeling that he enjoyed the experience.

redcrescent

I saw an utterly amazing book on Russian criminal tattoos in a Dallas museum shop last year, I think it was two volumes written/photographed by a prison guard, the designs in themselves were intricate and quite unique but the meaning and the story behind each tattoo was the really fascinating part. Every tattoo is a code for something, a person's criminal exploits and specialty, their sexual preference, political outlook, family history, hierarchy in the craft, etc. Disturbing in some cases but really a look into a world you probably would never see otherwise.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I saw an utterly amazing book on Russian criminal tattoos in a Dallas museum shop last year, I think it was two volumes written/photographed by a prison guard, the designs in themselves were intricate and quite unique but the meaning and the story behind each tattoo was the really fascinating part. Every tattoo is a code for something, a person's criminal exploits and specialty, their sexual preference, political outlook, family history, hierarchy in the craft, etc. Disturbing in some cases but really a look into a world you probably would never see otherwise."
This it?

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/exp-russian_tats.html

http://www.eviltattoo.com/pr9.html

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
That guy really likes Earth Crisis that beats out the guy I know with drug free accross his neck 10 to 1...

zhao

there are no accidents
In that picture it looks to me as though the guy is in what might be termed a "state of arousal". That raises interesting questions, presumably if he was he wanted to get a picture that would look right in that state then he would have had to be in that condition when the tattoo was done but that in turn suggests that anaesthetic was unlikely. I've got a feeling that he enjoyed the experience.

no i think you can totally do the dragon design while flaccid and have it look right in full bloom.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"no i think you can totally do the dragon design while flaccid and have it look right in full bloom."
I wonder, that would be quite a knack. I'm guessing that it's pretty hard to tattoo on a soft surface anyway, reckon it would be a lot easier to draw on something nice and sturdy.