bassline house

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I dunno, the last couple of DJ Total mixes have had some tunes with a grimier, more electro sound. Square-wave basslines and more angular beats. MCing seems to be getting more advanced too.

continuum

smugpolice
Best of Burgaboy

3002849363_b8af67e46d_o.jpg

Click here to download

Tracklisting:
1. Burgaboy - All Eyes On Me
2. Burgaboy feat. Recneps - Beg Ya Pardon
3. Burgaboy - I Can Love You
4. Burgaboy feat. Teresa - You Lied
5. Burgaboy feat. Deadly - Boy
6. Burgaboy - Through The Fire
7. Burgaboy feat. J Bomma B & Trilla - Stop Da Noise
8. Burgaboy - You & Me
9. AdotR vs Burgaboy feat. Trilla - Sicka Dan
10. Korby vs Burgaboy - Untitled
11. Addictive - Like That (Burgaboy Remix)
12. Burgaboy - Tonight
13. Burgaboy - Murder
14. Burgaboy - Esmonds Fear
15. Burgaboy feat. Screama & B.M - On My Way
16. Burgaboy - Walked Outta Heaven
17. Burgaboy - Last Night

Dr Venom

Wild Horses
Has anyone noticed bassline getting jumped on hard by the Americans?

Drop the Lime, Jack Beats, AC Slater (awesome reference to Saved by The Bell) Trouble & Bass etc? The levels seem to be higher and a distinct lack of northern MCs.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

Drop the Lime, Jack Beats, AC Slater (awesome reference to Saved by The Bell) Trouble & Bass etc? The levels seem to be higher and a distinct lack of northern MCs.

That AC Slater 'Jack' track is hot, I like it.

elgato

I just dont know
The Jack Beats remix of it is in my latest mix, that track is absolute badness imo

yeh when that tune got dropped on a dancefloor i nearly shocked out through the floor, that drop is soooo sick! when those cheeky extra drums come is awesome too

don't really see it as bassline though, more like less cut-up fidget house even, its too manicured for me to feel it as bassline

wascal

Wild Horses
its too manicured for me to feel it as bassline

ie: They spent more than an afternoon making it and gave it a proper mixdown ;)

Really fond of the fidget guys take on bassline / rave - proper party music but with enough tricks to keep it interesting

IKoss

Wild Horses

:slanted:

... not going to get into definitions n stuff with you right now. but grimier "4x4" has been in circulation here on the east coast for quite a few years bro..

the actual proper bassline stuff i been playing gets only mild reactions when not mixed in heavily with all types of other shiz.. as far as the mc role here in the states, only the real heads get down with that... ;)

ripley

Really fond of the fidget guys take on bassline / rave - proper party music but with enough tricks to keep it interesting

I don't know if they qualify (or are what you are talking about) but this is what Starkey and Bird Peterson are for me.

elgato

I just dont know

haha yeh indeed, but in doing so they give it a totally different aesthetic and appeal

their production is really clean, really smooth and kind of 'bubbly' if you know what i mean. not at all bad things, but very distinct from the harsh rawness of most bassline

wascal

Wild Horses
haha yeh indeed, but in doing so they give it a totally different aesthetic and appeal

their production is really clean, really smooth and kind of 'bubbly' if you know what i mean. not at all bad things, but very distinct from the harsh rawness of most bassline

Very true. I find some bassline tracks I've bought from junodownload purely for the harshness and rawness in the clips are unplayably harsh and raw though, which is a shame because some of them are quality ideas but the mixdowns leave so much to be desired..

My favorite bassline tune by a country mile is Python - Python Skank btw

Shonx

Shallow House

Think Bird Peterson's not overly edity and still sounds pretty raw to my ears. Not totally sure the world's ready for B-more Big Country refixes (even though it did kind of make me snigger like an idiot, which admittedly doesn't take much)

ripley

I don't like every single track he's done.. and he's done so so so many, so there's plenty to choose from. But he's one of my favorite producers in that his best ones are consistently way more interesting than most party music.

Maybe you've only heard his mashups? his stuff is pretty darn tweaked-out - have you heard his remix of Busta's "don't touch me" ? or maybe I don't know what you mean by "edity"

Shonx

Shallow House
I don't like every single track he's done.. and he's done so so so many, so there's plenty to choose from. But he's one of my favorite producers in that his best ones are consistently way more interesting than most party music.

Maybe you've only heard his mashups? his stuff is pretty darn tweaked-out - have you heard his remix of Busta's "don't touch me" ? or maybe I don't know what you mean by "edity"

I'm quite a fan of his stuff to be honest, Solid Trunk e-p is easily one of my faves this year - I generally mean edity as tweaking-without-improving-the-tune which seems to be the kiss of death for a lot of productions. Tweaking for unexpected, inexplicable amusement is of course completely justified ;)

U-Basstard

tragic mix
the forthcoming Piddy Py 12" on Dress 2 Sweat that Sinden inlcuded in his Fabric live mix and the Moves!!! (starkey) 12" on D2S are both worth a mention. dunno when that piddy py drops though.

tyranny

yo can someone link me with some big boy warpers none of that vocally stuff just serious bassline bizzle

bun any1 who reckons this is nu-clownstep

the last few releases on southside legacy - iron soul "wateva" and "wow", also the iron soul ashanti bootleg.

it is nu-clownstep though - and that's pretty much what i like about it.

a friend reckons it's the first symptom of my midlife crisis - blasting out tunes that one woul d expect to hear on a nightbus coming from the mobile phone of a surly, smoking teenage single mother

Last edited: