4linehaiku

Repetitive
It's from the future, a scene not even formed yet. Or Deep House. Probably.
Incidentally I didn't even know that The Lie was a Zomby track, shows how much I keep up with Dubstep these days. It reminds me of Round The World Girls, ie hugely boring, I assumed it was by someone similar.

As a final note on the issue, I am completely amazed anyone is shocked by someone remixing a tune that has been publicly posted on Youtube. Do we have access to the same internet? Am I in some bizarre timewarp? (If so I blame Ricky L). World views are funny things I suppose.

I don't even have anything positive to contribute unfortunately. Pearson Sound on Hessle came out. It's pretty great. I can't imagine this is news to anyone. I liked the description of Ben being 'infamously nice' earlier.

Where can I hear Mosca - Square One?

alex

Do not read this.
Quickest thing I could find is a four hour mix thing i did here

Kuma - Dawn Steeped Outside (Horsepower mix)
???- ???
???- ???
Fuzzy Logik - Rootz
Mosca - Square One
???- ???

thats like a snippet of the t/L to where it comes in, didnt want to spam the thread & post all of it like a scumbag

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
As a final note on the issue, I am completely amazed anyone is shocked by someone remixing a tune that has been publicly posted on Youtube. Do we have access to the same internet? Am I in some bizarre timewarp? (If so I blame Ricky L). World views are funny things I suppose.
That's not what's shocking. What's shocking is that someone involved in the usually law-abiding and respectful world of UK urban / rave music slipped from their fanatical respect for the intellectual property rights of others.

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
anyone hear those mp3s zomby put out a while ago of MIA mixed over Wiley's Ice Rink, or MIA's "Paper Planes" with some booty rap vocals over it?

what did this remix sound like anyway, just a loop from the video made into the size of a whole song, or was there much else going on? if it was just a long loop for the sake of djs wanting to play it out i can imagine it would have been quite annoying. but thats not necessarily the point...

mms

sometimes
soon as i heard The Lie i thought it was a rework/ripoff of that Ricky L track and tbh i did wonder at the time why there wasn't any chat about it.. both great tunes.. if Zomby is putting something out there as promo he should know that it's fair game.. GenerationBass wasn't selling his mix, was he?!

maaan i hope the imammi thing is 'Stop what you're doing'... :confused:

if he linked to the youtube or asked the label to stream or asked the label if he could use the track for download maybe this would be fine but he ripped it from youtube remixed it without permission and said it was a zomby track, i can understand zomby's frustration really, especially with the remix being a load of bloghouse shit.

same does go for ricky l if he ever wanted some cash off zomby to be fair.

mms

sometimes
Haha was it? I never even heard it. Oh dear.

well for me anyway alot of these things, like blogs that put up full 320s of new eps or promos of albums are not supporting music or whatever they like to think they are doing they're usually just promoting themselves, esp the ones that just rip the text from boomkat or whatever with a link to the mp3s fuck knows what they're about, esp as they don't actually have any comment about the music or whatever, or the music is readily avaliable wherever.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Maybe when you're at the level of Zomby it's not too damaging to have someone remix your tracks without approval (unless, of course, they intend to make money off it), but when you're relatively unknown and trying to make a name for yourself it does become a bit of a different story.

A mate of mine, the producer, XI, once ran into a problem like this where some much less known and much less ambitious and talented individual remixed a track XI just had got signed to a label. The problem that occurs here is that it creates the possibility of someone stumbling across XI's name for the first time by hearing this god awful remix and then immediately, by association, putting his name out of mind, filed under things not to check out.

When people generally already know who you are it isn't much of a thing to be badly represented because it only looks bad on the person representing.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I don't pay a lot of attention but the best thing I've heard recently is that Joker - Digidesign/ 2000F + JKamata - You Don't Know What Love Is release.

Even though I still refuse to call Joker dubstep.

EDIT: Oh, and the Untold FACT mix.

tom lea

the prob with this thread is it doesnt have enough recomendations.
well to stay topical, the new zomby ep, when it comes out. it's brilliant.

12"s

untold - just for you b/w roska remix
martin kemp - no charisma/mickey pearce - innami
nadsroic - room mist (not dubstep but you can't not like it; hud mo produced rnb)
sbtrkt - timeless
bubblez - loser (not rly dubstep either, but you know)
pangaea - memories (stunner)
pearson sound - wad
brackles - lhc

watch out for the new shortstuff on ramp & the next floating points on eglo too, both killers.

and the untold FACT mix, yeah.

wascal

Wild Horses
well for me anyway alot of these things, like blogs that put up full 320s of new eps or promos of albums are not supporting music or whatever they like to think they are doing they're usually just promoting themselves, esp the ones that just rip the text from boomkat or whatever with a link to the mp3s fuck knows what they're about, esp as they don't actually have any comment about the music or whatever, or the music is readily avaliable wherever.

'000' by XI is quality, good producer.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
'000' by XI is quality, good producer.

I'm glad you think so. You should check out the "wonky" hip hop shit he is making these days under the alias Ultragamma. He seems to be enjoying himself a lot more with it these days than he is with dubstep. Particularly the tune "Freezie Ray".

franz

i think my favourite track at the moment is prolly an untitled one by Joe, believe it's coming out on Hotflush eventually?

he's been as amazing as anyone this year, imo.

benjybars

village elder.
i think my favourite track at the moment is prolly an untitled one by Joe, believe it's coming out on Hotflush eventually?

he's been as amazing as anyone this year, imo.

yeah Joe's release on Hessle is a VERY strong contender for 12" release of the year.

(and if the label of the year award was a tour de france race then Hessle would have a 74 hour lead over the peleton)