Phaedo

No. I'm sure plenty of people were dissappointed in that LP.

The thing is, with Zomby, he can be really flexible with the styles, but he wasn't nearly as much as he could be. Granted for anyone else, that'd be that album where the artist 'tries too hard', but at the same time, it did feel a bit ambitionless.

Not BAD though.

To me most of the tunes just weren't as good as what I have heard from him before. I guess the thing is if you make as many tunes as Zomby then you get a situation where your always gonna piss off a lot of your listeners because they all like different material.

For me personally, I just found most of it pretty standard. Barely a tune on there had the vibe/emotion that i have felt from some of his other tunes (Blueberry Cheese, Digital Fauna blah blah).

stephenk

110912-skrillex-cover-300x237.png

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
weird, they've inadvertently put my ''top 5 dance music icons that I would like to rub out with a nail bomb'' list on their cover

bandshell

Grand High Witch
Why did they change the sound system? I'd only ever heard good things about the sound in Plastics up until the refurbishment.

SecondLine

anyone been to the new plastic people? what's the word?

was there last night for floating points & caribou.

It is definitely smaller...but I like that. It's a fucking pitch black metal box now, which strikes me as being consistent with what plastic people has always been about. They must've reduced capacity because even at peak time it wasn't obscenely ram jam like it used to get, and they now have functional air conditioning, so people actually stayed til the end instead of leaving once they'd sweated out all their bodily fluids.

But yeah, the sound is definitely inferior - it sounds like, with a bit more tweaking, it'll be nicely balanced, but volume wise it was really pretty lacking. A shame, but I'm pretty sure when they re-opened after last summer with a slightly different sound system, it took a couple of months to get back up to scratch. so I'm not sure it's fair to hold that against them just yet...