hopper

never fully listened to the pinch collab, all the clips I listened to sounded a little bit undercooked, but that might be a matter of just not really immersing myself in it properly

rrrivero

My Logos arrived in the mail today. I hope you don't get any shit for the sound quality this time, Blackdown, because it sounded beautiful on my system

PadaEtc

Emperor Penguin
Just got the shack boxset today - what a beautiful package, 3 12"s in a box, massive artwork booklet and a CD for £20.

That's great value and he deserves massive props for that!

The music however,

fantastic.

:D very pleased

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Benny ill & Bill Fuller in 1998. Fucking hell.
Description says it's off a promo 12" sampler from the never released album 'Sounds Like London'.

Contender for earliest wot do u call it...?

dd528

House got burgled recently so I'm trying to slowly rebuild the (thankfully relatively small) part of my digital music collection that I didn't have backed up.

Having a nightmare tracking down a lot of free mixes I'd downloaded over the years though.

In 2009 United Vibes posted a series of mixes on dsf celebrating their 10th anniversary.

http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101522

I'm particularly interested in the garage mixes #1 and #4 if anyone knows where I could find a copy, but I'd be keen to have all of them back.

It's amazing how a mix produced just a couple of years ago can be so inaccessible because its original sendspace link had expired. So much of the music that gets put up nowadays is in no kind of permanent online archive at all. I wonder what life will be like for music historians of the future, with no hard copies to search through and so much stored only on decades old hard drives and ipods.

p.s. Didn't know whether to post this here or in the 4x4 garage thread but with the LHF album out not so long ago it seemed more pertinent here. On that topic that is one daunting record. Feel like I've only just scratched the surface of it really, but I've for a lot out of it so far.