faustus

there was an advert for benga's new album in the guardian today which said:

"benga is massive attack to burial's portishead"

hope that's all cleared up now then...

comelately

Wild Horses
Yeah i keep forgetting it's always rammo nowadays...

It's got pretty silly now - started off as 10-4 when it moved to weekly Fridays. Now you have to queue for 90 minutes to get in at midnight, and the opportunities to cut some propah rug are minimal. A shame.

Pestario

tell your friends
It's got pretty silly now - started off as 10-4 when it moved to weekly Fridays. Now you have to queue for 90 minutes to get in at midnight, and the opportunities to cut some propah rug are minimal. A shame.

Yeah it used to be that you could pop down, have a few drinks, have a little dance, absorb the music, have another drink then go home not feeling like you're just been at a rave. Now it feels like DMZ pocket edition.

you guys need to enjoy this time and not pick holes

this music is firing on all cylinders at the moment

anyway jus thought I'll say Anti Social are the most exciting dubstep collective around (for me) and need to release more vinyl, mp3's, product...whatever! period

but what does Mizz Beats do in them?

later

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
Yeah it used to be that you could pop down, have a few drinks, have a little dance, absorb the music, have another drink then go home not feeling like you're just been at a rave. Now it feels like DMZ pocket edition.

i went to one post-explosion fwd, it was the same night as a dc at 93fe and heatwave at the pool bar, maybe october or november... anyway it was deadout. i had only gone along for an hour to see slimzee, and i had as much dancefloor to myself as you would in 05 when i first went along. which was nice, of course.

still, it'll probably be rammed tonight. i will be there for blackdown! gonna be a lot. what's in the bag? play me some goodz yeah :)

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
i went to one post-explosion fwd, it was the same night as a dc at 93fe and heatwave at the pool bar, maybe october or november... anyway it was deadout. i had only gone along for an hour to see slimzee, and i had as much dancefloor to myself as you would in 05 when i first went along. which was nice, of course.
Yeah, I went to the one when everyone else was in Amsterdam. It was excellent. Appleblim, Youngsta, D1 - no MCs at all but loads of room to move around.

comelately

Wild Horses
hardly needs stating, but that's because dubstep's got fashionable...

This is true and I've enjoyed watching the scene blowing up, but this late opening bizness doesn't help. Actually, IIRC it was 21:00 doors when it first moved to Fridays. Not that it ever opened at 21:00, but you get the point. If I could walk in at 22:00, I'd be more likely to go. Obviously, the numbers they are getting means there is no need for the promoters to be blubbing over my non-presence - but it seems to me that most peeps are going in around 00:30 and leaving around 02:00 and so.....well, dunno really but the last couple of FWDs I went to seemed to be little more than a funny handshakes contest with the bar area increasingly feeling like the epicentre and not the floor - could well be a subjective opinion though.

It's also worth pointing out that although the scene is fashionable, the amount of random types there have probably decreased over the last year - there's enough hardcore fans drinking Stellas outside to put them off now.

Pestario

tell your friends
well, dunno really but the last couple of FWDs I went to seemed to be little more than a funny handshakes contest with the bar area increasingly feeling like the epicentre and not the floor

haha I know what you mean.

Good to hear that it's not rammed every night. But it's annoying having to guess what the FWD demographic are likely to be doing every friday.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
standard shoreditch practice to wait for a fat queue to build before you let anyone in.. get as many random trend-hoppers asking what everyone's queueing for as possible. the policy probably has as much to do with plastic as it does fwd>>

but

9pm doors? for fwd? are you crazy? :D even on a thursday you'd never be able to get in before 10.30, some rose-tinted bizzle going on here methinks

mos dan

fact music
i don't really get the 'secret handshake' business. fwd was far more cliquey (in a good, friendly way, imo) two or three years ago than it is now, surely..? i go to fwd now and i could be literally anywhere.. obviously the soundsystem is still the best in london, but i barely recognise anyone apart from the djs.

9pm doors? for fwd? are you crazy? :D even on a thursday you'd never be able to get in before 10.30, some rose-tinted bizzle going on here methinks

yeah no-one's ever got in much before 11 even, surely?

ben what did you mix into mala's 'alicia' last night? that was a spectacular mix.