Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'm not one of these people who think Caspa & Rusko should be burned at the stake, some of their tunes are alright.

I've been listening to Radio 1 at work recently, and the Annie Mac show is starting to feature Dubstep. This is really behind the times when you consider that other Radio 1 dj's were pushing it years ago, but still. Anyway, the first time Annie Mac featured it, it was with a 10 minute mix by Rusko. Funnily enough, now Annie Mac plays exclusively Caspa & Rusko tunes, and inanely announces them: "by the way, if you dont know what this is, well it's dubstep!"

I daresay a few of you are horrified by this development
I must live in an underground bubble because the idea of people who pay any attention at all to dance music thinking "so is this that 'dubstep' stuff people have been talking about, then" seems kind of weird.

Tbh I think some of their tunes are alright too, but the ongoing promotion of the idea that dubstep = bouncey midrange wobble doesn't seem like a great thing for the scene.

Speaking of which, from DSF re Caspa at FWD last night:
heard some controversy about caspa's set last night, apparently during the silence of a wheel up someone shouted "WE WANT DUBSTEP"

So which of you lot was that, then?

mms

sometimes
I'm not one of these people who think Caspa & Rusko should be burned at the stake, some of their tunes are alright.

I've been listening to Radio 1 at work recently, and the Annie Mac show is starting to feature Dubstep. This is really behind the times when you consider that other Radio 1 dj's were pushing it years ago, but still. Anyway, the first time Annie Mac featured it, it was with a 10 minute mix by Rusko. Funnily enough, now Annie Mac plays exclusively Caspa & Rusko tunes, and inanely announces them: "by the way, if you dont know what this is, well it's dubstep!"

I daresay a few of you are horrified by this development

anne mac is evil

i saw plastician the other day and it was pretty terrible.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was at Fabric the other night, caught Loefah/Coki. Loefah was pretty heavy actually and Coki was just rinsing out all his comically aggro wobblers... There wasn't really any 'depth' to any of the tunes they were playing, but I sort of expected that, being that it was at Fabric.

I think there's definitely a mainstream of dubstep now which has a whole load of expectations attached to it that the more underground stuff doesn't. I suppose its split a bit like DNB, which is pretty depressing I suppose but ultimately inevitable given its massive expansion over the last few years (and on the plus side, the dubstep 'underground' is a lot more vibrant and interesting than the DNB equivalent). It seems much more ravey/pill-friendly nowadays...

One or two Rusko/Caspa tunes I've heard have been alright (I used to be well into 'Rubber Chicken') but a lot of them just seem so inane and grating.

Bloody kids/students/pillheads/Radio 1 DJs/DNB/forums/corpsey

benjybars

village elder.
my speed is about 15kb/s, which could take a bit longer.

speaking of dubstep (why not?) there's new xlr8r podcasts from scuba and oneman. mixing in the oneman one is predictably brilliant.

the mixing in the oneman one is disgustingly good. bastard.

that's jokes about the caspa heckle... he should have responded by just playing Velvet Rooms on repeat.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
forgive me my ignorance but whats so special about this bash night?

is it the one run by d-bridge/spacek? < edit: no I'm getting confused arent i lol

Last edited:

faustus

that link worked fine for me about an hour ago. it'll probably come up on alldj at some point today but it's not there yet.

durrty goodz - gutter music !!!!!!

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
that link worked fine for me about an hour ago. it'll probably come up on alldj at some point today but it's not there yet.

durrty goodz - gutter music !!!!!!

WAIT WHAT

if you're saying what i think you're saying... i am liable to smash my keyboard in pure hype right this second