Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was disappointed (if not surprised) that he didn't play. The thing is I didn't know whether or not he was joking for the first half of the conversation so I didn't really big him up, I was too taken aback.

optimum

Poochie
I remember Bugz at co op a few times was always good. Yeah their fabric mix is prob the best one, 'red' by artwork, neptunes daft punk refix, troubleman etc etc

hint

party record with a siren
I remember Bugz at co op a few times was always good. Yeah their fabric mix is prob the best one, 'red' by artwork, neptunes daft punk refix, troubleman etc etc

...."Skyank" by Nu Design. Did that ever get released?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
...."Skyank" by Nu Design. Did that ever get released?

nah, shackout and skyankout never got released, which is a shame. i remember zed playing one of them at plastic people and it finding the natural resonance of the ceiling and nearly taking it out...

straight

wings cru
jesus is this some broken beat coming out party or summit?

If it is then 4heros mix of UR's Amazon is in my top 10 ever tunes

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Kode 9 was brilliant. What was he playing at the start of the set? Did you recognise the tunes? They sounded like his own productions, a kind of funky at dubstep tempo plus synths. I know next to nothing of funky (if funky it was), so it was all new to me. Which is the best way...
I'm probably going to get permabanned for this but I wasn't so sold on the early part of Nine's set - for me it picked up a lot when it started getting wonkier and when Crazy D came on, the earlier stuff sounded kind of like funky but without a lot of the fun and sexiness and varied sounds that makes it refreshing. I guess it didn't help that I was standing a bit close to the back left horns which made the whole thing sound a bit like percussive mid period Autechre... The rest of his set (and the rest of the night) was ace, though. Brackles was wicked.

Agree with Dan on the wooziness, I could seriously feel the floor going up and down with the beats at one point.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I'm probably going to get permabanned for this but I wasn't so sold on the early part of Nine's set - for me it picked up a lot when it started getting wonkier and when Crazy D came on, the earlier stuff sounded kind of like funky but without a lot of the fun and sexiness and varied sounds that makes it refreshing.

even sirens, seigalizer, yellowtail etc?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Nah, some of it I was feeling, there was just quite a bit of it that sounded more like Surgeon style percussive minimal techno than The New Sound Of East London. And I don't really know the names of Funky tunes yet, even really obvious ones. :eek:

And my bad positioning relative to the mid / treble speakers probably didn't help.

mms

sometimes
has anyone worked out why the sound was so bad for kodes set at all?
my fkin ears are still ringing!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Interesting that kodes playing that kind of stuff now, I read an interview with him in which he said that he found techno good to listen to but rubbish to dance to, because of the overbearing 4x4 kick.

tom lea

what else is there on new years? i'm away til the day before, so i kind of want to figure something out swiftly. there's that urban nerds warehouse thing which looks alright, but there must be something better.