tom pr

that's a few months old now- it's great though. miles better than that shit chase & status/snoop thing.

fwd sunday looks good. youngsta, chef vs ld, tubby w/ guests, spyro vs vectra, greena - especially looking forward to the last two sets.

ThinKing

Anyone know if there are any more represses planned? Have always loved that Dub War tune 'Murderous Style', would like to pick it up some day.

(the Tempa bods called Dub War, that is)

I think the idea was to repress all the ones which have been out of press for ages i.e. 001-007. Dunno about the LPs though.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
oh right i see

i think it sounds more like he's been listening to big room french house or something tbh, and as tentative andy pointed out his first ever release was a big synth tune as well

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Roots of El-B

Just picked this up today - great liner notes Martin.

Tracklist is good, we all have personal faves I would have liked to have seen on there (I like the weird 3rd mix of Digital a lot and the Spooks is one of his best I reckon but thats what crate-digging/discogs is for).

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
oh right i see
as tentative andy pointed out his first ever release was a big synth tune as well

Time for a 'Roots of Rusko' comp to educate the newcomers, Ben? ;)

That new tune is pretty cool anyway. I supose it is quite midrangey, but not in the oppresive, blaring way that it can sometimes end up like.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
i'm doing the warm up set at fwd tmrw...{greena} - should be on at 8.45 or something along those lines.

i've got some dubs from brackles, martin kemp, ikonika, joe, pangea, appleblim , me and a few others to get through.... annnd just packing a bunch of shackleton/rustie/hudmo/sakamoto/drexciya/goodz/trim/diz cuz i feel a strong urge to hear their stuff on the PP system!!

safe. sorry if that is a bit spammy.

mms

sometimes
oh right i see

i think it sounds more like he's been listening to big room french house or something tbh, and as tentative andy pointed out his first ever release was a big synth tune as well

well all his stuff sounds like that to me, cos it shares the same freq range, kinda shares the same audience and appreciators, annie mac etc, same boozy mids vibe.
that whole french touch thing is def alcohol music.

BareBones

wheezy
anyway speaking about that fwd, i actually this weekend just got round to listening to the rest of flylo's set (i had to leave about 15 mins in unfortunately) and fuck me it's wicked! Totally gutted i couldn't hang around now... I agree with what was said upthread about it being a bit all over the place, but i never found it jarring, he weaves it all together brilliantly i think. That sort of bassline version of tea leaf dancers is crazy - is this his own edit?

and oh my god that zomby remix! is this a flylo edit too?

Last edited: