benjybars

village elder.
no. from the shadows is one of the worst albums i own. so so all the same

i was thinking as a dj... there's still nuff quality tracks on that album tho.

anyway i'm not really interested in albums when it comes to dubstep, or any dance music tbh.. all about 12"s and mixes.

hucks

Your Message Here
i was thinking as a dj... there's still nuff quality tracks on that album tho.

anyway i'm not really interested in albums when it comes to dubstep, or any dance music tbh.. all about 12"s and mixes.

A case in point - the Martyn album. He put out half a dozen great tracks last year, but the album is pretty dry. Too much cross genre hopping - a bit of house here, some electro there. Reminds me of the dnb artist albums of the mid/ late 90s, with the producer feeling they had too much to prove.

benjybars

village elder.
A case in point - the Martyn album. He put out half a dozen great tracks last year, but the album is pretty dry. Too much cross genre hopping - a bit of house here, some electro there. Reminds me of the dnb artist albums of the mid/ late 90s, with the producer feeling they had too much to prove.

yeah dance music 'albums' nearly always disappoint.

i don't see the point in them really... just put out nice, crisp 45rpm 12" singles of all your best tracks.. it's what the street wants!

mms

sometimes

i thought it was pretty consistent and i enjoyed it, the transitions through speeds were smooth and they all the tracks had martyns focussed template sounds and styles.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Cyrus still get loads of play from me. Pure eyes down in the dance. Love it, its kinda cacoon like sub and snares that bite hard at the knees making you dip and sway.

I'd love to see the remix of paradise dub get released. It tops the original for that swaying, relentless pressure vibe.

Viral Radio

Here's also some dubstep and new beats: the new Viral Radio show by Cinnaman and Juha on Dutch VPRO 3voor12:

Playlist:

Nosaj Thing - Lords
Dizz1 - Clocks
Computer Jay - Untitled
Misel Quitno - Pull it out somewhen (Dimlite remix)
Fulgeance - The Mamie
Dimlite - Ravemond's young problems
Nosaj Thing - Coat of Arms
Dizz1 - Konotakonuke Yaro
Flying Lotus - Hard wave
Harmonic 313 with Phat Kat & Elzhi- Battlestar (dirty mix)
King Midas Sound - One ting (Dabrye remix)
Bullion - Young heartache
Mount Kimbie - Vertical
Joker - Untitled rsn
LD - Woodblock
Kode9 - Black Sun

http://viralradio.net
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/programmas/afleveringen/41827295

that's cos

you think of him as a dubstep artist when he's not

he's jus Martyn

tom lea

i hate to be that annoying dude on dubstep forum who wigs out over some tune without saying anything about it or providing a link to hear it (dunno if there is one), but untold's remix of ramadanman's 'revenue'. my life. there's so much good stuff on the horizon this year - i think martin is right when he says how amazing it could potentially be.

went to fwd last night not really expecting to be blown away by a line up that included skream plasticman and headhunter - nevermind not knowing who d-bridge even was. Wow, this guy d-bridge is amazing, he dropped a seriously deep rhythmic set, at times ephemeral, other worldly, sub-aqueous beats - switching to grinding dirty pulsing funk drenched riddims - what a mind blower, skream came on after him and started off well, playing the 2manyman tune, and then quickly tailed off into that absolute shit of metallic techno dubstep that everyone is going mad for.

interesting to see that most of the crowd werent feeling d-bridge's swing, i guess they came for the harder stuff. Would love to get more information on some of the tracks he was dropping, not really been feeling dubstep for a while now, but if this is an indication of where the scene's going then yeah im excited again

anyway, fwd remains the best club night in london for me by far

Spender

D-Bridge is a bit of a D&B legend. One of the few remaining producers from the old guard still pushing things FWD. Alot of the stuff he dropped last night's on the Autonomic Podcasts (which he does with Instra:mental). If you were digging the stuff last night you'll love these...

http://www.club-autonomic.com/

elgato

I just dont know
d-bridge is a don for sure. his vocals are deep also, there's an instra-mental track with him on which is so beautiful, i hope to hear more of him on vocal duties, would love to hear more of him on dubstep / garage / house tempo stuff too

is he producing at those tempos now or still all up around 170?

Logos

Ghosts of my life
D Bridge and Instra:Mental are shaping up to be producers of 09 irrespective of genre.

Last night was heavy, he also played at the bunch of cuts night on Friday and that was really deep and rolling too. Elgato its mainly just dnb still he produces...tbh I hope he stays around there mostly, as much as I liked the dubby 138bpm stuff he played last night it was only when he switched to 170 it got really interesting (imo).

http://www.club-autonomic.com/

elgato

I just dont know
yeh man its true, there's blatantly so much fertile ground left up at that tempo so its great that some producers like them are still pushing through

alex

Do not read this.
I'd love to see the remix of paradise dub get released. It tops the original for that swaying, relentless pressure vibe.

would love to hear this...

also can anyone ID a track for me?

its on the sick albeit old kode-9 & wiley set..on rinse...it comes in just after 9 samurai with the high pitched bleeps & old style strings..??

i think this is one of those old school dubs no1 has got anymore...:(